This is one great bread recipe. Simple, easy but so delicious. This recipe requires 6 ingredients and is done in 20 minutes.
Great for Sunday breakfast or a sweet lunch. A vegan bread that you can make sweet but also savory. Are you ready to learn how you can make fabulous fried sugared bread? Let’s get started!
This recipe is a family favorite. We eat it with a little sugar after the bread is fried which I’m showing in this recipe.
However feel free to swap for jam, syrup, icing sugar or cut it open and put some apple pie filling in the center.
This is a little like a flat donut so be prepared to fall in love. This bread is also known as Indian bread or Native American bread.
So many options for you to choose from.
Fried sugared bread ingredients
If you want to make this fried bread recipe you need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
How to make fried bread
Now this recipe is just like a lot of bread recipes. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. If you want a sweet bread you can add a 1 tbsp of sugar.
Add the water and vegetable oil and mix into a dough. Now knead the dough for 5 minutes until you get an elastic dough.
Cut into five equal pieces and knead some more. Roll into a small round shape and make a hole in the middle.
Now heat the oil in a frying pan and you can fry the bread in about a minute. Do not leave it in the oil to long because it with get to hard on the outside.
Put it in some granulated sugar and you are ready to serve. Now tell me what is not to like about this bread?
Other vegan bread recipes
If you like baking bread then check out the following recipes as well:
- Easy no-knead bread – This easy no-knead bread recipe is the answer for everyone who loves freshly baked bread, with lots of air pockets and a crunchy crust. It is always time for fresh bread.
- No-knead Mediterranean bread – Another no-knead bread with tomatoes and Mediterranean olives. You can put this bread together in less than 5 minutes and then wait before you bake.
- Sweet pull apart chocolate and nuts bread – A delicious sweet bread recipe. It contains spelt flour, cocoa, cocoa nibs and lots of pecan nuts.
How to make fabulous fried sugared bread
Want to know how you can make fabulous fried sugared bread? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this fabulous fried sugared bread recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This recipe requires 6 ingredients and is done in 20 minutes. Great for breakfast or lunch. Ready to make fabulous fried sugared bread? Lets get started!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup of sugar
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt int a bowl. Mix together
- Add the water and oil
- Stir into a dough and knead into a elastic dough
- Cut into 5 equal pieces
- Flatten each and role into a pancake. Make a hole in the center
- Heat a large frying pan and fill it with a generous layer of oil
- Fry the breads in about 30 seconds, turn and fry the other side until golden brown. The bread will be done in less than a minute
- Remove excess oil on a paper towel before you role the bread in a plate of sugar.
Calories: 108; Fat: 1.4g; Carbs: 24.9g; Protein: 0.6g