Falafel burger with pita bread is one great vegan burger there is no doubt about it.
Make the falafel in your food processor and then pan fry the burger. Want to learn how you can make this vegan burger with pita bread? Let’s get started!
If you have not eaten falafel then you are really missing out because it is so easy to make yourself.
You do not need much to complement this burger maybe some onion, tomato or sauce to turn it into a great lunch or dinner dish.
Falafels are usually small golfball sized. If you make them a little bigger you can easily turn them into a vegan burger.
Just make sure you do not over process the chickpeas. It will turn into hummus, which is nice but not for pan frying a chickpea burger.
Falafel burger ingredients
To make this burger you need to put the following ingredients on your grocery shopping list:
- Chili pepper
- Dried parsley
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
How to make falafel burger with pita bread
First, you have to make a falafel base and then all you need is to half a pita bread for the taco. You now have two taco’s that easily fits your burger.
If you like to make the pita bread yourself then you can follow my five secrets to perfect pita bread.
Put all the ingredients in the blender and turn it into a coarse chickpea structure.
Divide the mix into four equal parts and shape them into burger patties by hand or with a spoon. Then preheat a pan and add a couple of tablespoons of sunflower oil.
Now temper the heat and pan fry the burgers in the pan. You can roast the pita bread and cut in half.
Add the vegan burger in the pita taco with some thin sliced red onion and some tomatoes. Ready to serve.
What to serve with falafel burger
- Onion – You can soften some onions in vegetable oil and put these on top of your burger
- Pickle – slices of pickles can lift the falafel burger pita taco to the next level
- Ketchup – what doesn’t taste better with ketchup? So put a big dollop on your falafel burger pita taco
- Mayonnaise – (vegan) mayonnaise do I need to say more
See how you can make a falafel burger
Want to see how you can make a vegan burger with pita? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with making this falafel burger with pita recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Falafel burger with pita taco is one great vegan burger. Made with chickpea, chili pepper, spices and garlic. A great lunch or dinner.
- 1 can of drained chickpeas (remove the skin if possible)
- 1 onion
- 3 shallots
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1½ tbsp parsley powder
- 1½ tbsp cumin powder
- 1½ tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 pita bread
- Put all the ingredients except the pita bread and the oil in the blender and blend until coarse
- Divide the mix into four equal parts and shape into hamburger patties.
- Preheat a pan with and add sunflower oil. Temper the heat and pan fry the falafel burgers golden brown in the pan in about 10 minutes
- Roast the pita bread and cut in half. Add the falafel burger in the pita taco and add some thin sliced red onion and some tomatoes
- Ready to serve
Do not over blend else the ingredients will turn into hummus.
Calories: 271; Fat: 10g; Carbs: 40.4g; Fat: 8.5g;