These garlic mushrooms go with everything. They are so good. Honestly if you are looking for the best side dish ever try these garlic mushrooms!
The mushrooms are made with just a couple of ingredient. You need a good skillet and that will take care of rest. Ready to learn how you can make garlic mushrooms? Lets get started!
What is even better about this recipe is that you have it on the table in less than 10 minutes.
Pro tip: when you store your mushrooms in the fridge do not keep them to long. Try to use them when they are still white and firm.
You can use mushrooms even if they have gone brown a bit but they will not stay as firm when you bake them in your skillet.
They will also become a bit mushy so if you make this recipe use fresh and firm mushrooms. These mushrooms are the perfect side dish, totally vegan and fit a low carb diet.
If they are clean you can use them as is so no cleaning. If the mushrooms contain a tiny bit of dirt, you can use a mushroom brush to get rid of loose dirt.
You can also wipe them clean with a paper towel. Resist the temptation to rinse them in water. To get the best result you want your mushrooms dry.
Garlic mushrooms ingredients
If you want to make this recipe put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Button mushrooms
- Unsalted vegan butter
- Olive oil
- Dry white wine
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make garlic mushrooms
Start with cleaning your mushrooms if needed. Then heat a skillet on medium to high heat. Add the olive oil and butter and warm through.
Put the chopped onion in the skillet and sauté until soft and translucent. Then add the garlic and stir continuously to prevent the garlic going brown.
Now it is time to add the mushroom and cook them for 5 minutes. Again stir continuously so the mushrooms can turn golden brown.
Add the wine. As you cook wine the alcohol will evaporate. Stir before you add the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Leave for another 2 minutes and your garlic mushrooms are ready to serve.
Eat your garlic mushrooms with
This is such a great side dish so if you are looking for dishes you can eat these mushrooms with take a look at:
Other side dish recipes
If you love this side dish take a look at these delicious side dishes as well. You will love them:
- Mexican rice – a bit spicy and a one pan recipe. A video is included to show you the steps
- Crock pot mashed potatoes – if you have a slow cooker you should give this crockpot mashed potatoes recipe a try. So soft and moist.
- Soft vegan flatbread – one of my favorite flatbreads. It is soft and very tasty.
- Mexican potatoes – another great potato recipe that you can make in no time.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Have fun with this garlic mushrooms recipe! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a tasty side dish that goes together with everything? Take a look at the best garlic mushroom recipe you ever tried.
- ½ pound (250 g) button mushrooms
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet, add the olive oil and vegan butter until the butter has melted
- Sauté the onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and stir continuously to prevent the garlic from going brown
- Now add the mushrooms and cook them 5 minutes until golden brown
- Add the wine and stir before adding the finely chopped parsley. Leave in the skillet for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Your garlic mushrooms are ready to serve
Calories: 149: Fat: 14g; Carbs: 4g; Protein: 3g;