After making fluffy, soft pita bread I had to stuff it of course. What better way to stuff perfect pita bread with some Greek gyros. A simple put tasty recipe where you can’t go wrong with. Eat it with some potatoes or rice and you have a delicious meal. Are you ready to see this easy Greek gyros pita bread? Let get started!
This recipe is made with pork shoulder but can easily be made with chicken as well. I start with slicing the meat very thin. This way the spices can penetrate the meat and gives it more flavor.
For the marinate I use the following spices:
- Paprika powder
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
To make it into a marinate I add some olive oil to the spices and them stir it through the meat. Then put it in the fridge so it can marinate.
Then heat a baking pan with olive oil and pan fry the gyros then add some onion, bell pepper, garlic and some water. Now you can let the meat simmer for half an hour. Add some water if required.
While the meat is simmering you can heat the pita bread in a skillet for a couple of minutes or you can heat the oven. Wrap the pita bread in aluminium foil and heat the oven at 350℉/175℃ and warm for 5 to 7 minutes.
Make a sauce with some Greek yoghurt, finely chopped garlic and some parsley. Plate it up and serve.
Other recipes you can make with pita bread
If you have some more pita bread then you can make one of these recipes with it:
- Pita pizza with shrimp and salami – one of the easiest pizza recipes you can make. These are fun to make with your kids and are great for a lunch of afternoon snack. One pita bread yields two pizzas so get creative with your toppings.
- Falafel burger with pita taco – you can make a delicious falafel burger with chickpea, chili pepper, spices and garlic. Half a pita bread and you have two tacos. Add some onion, tomato or sauce to turn it into a great lunch or dinner.
- Delicious easy homemade pita chips – you can make them for the weekend or a game night. Combine with your favorite dips and you have a delicious but responsible snack!
How to make Greek gyros with pita bread
Want to see how you can make Greek gyros with pita bread? Watch the 1-minute instruction video below:
Have fun with this Greek gyros with pita bread recipe! Made a recipe tag @tortillachannel on Instagram or PIN it on Pinterest and follow me.
I love comments so let me know what you think of this Greek gyros with pita bread recipe in the comment box below.
This recipe shows how you can prepare easy Greek gyros with pita bread. Made with pork shoulder and lots of spices. Lets get started!
- 400 g pork shoulder filet
- 4 pita bread
- 1 white onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tsp Cumin,
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- Pinch of hot Chili powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Pinch of hot Chili powder
- Pinch of salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of Parsley
- Cut the pork shoulder in thin strips
- Put all the spices in a small bowl and stir before adding 2 tbsp of olive oil. Stir into a marinate and add to the pork shoulder.
- Combine the pork shoulder and marinate and let it rest in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Then head a large pan with olive oil and pan fry the gyros on high heat. Then add the white onion, redd pepper and garlic. Stir and let it go soft before you add water to the pan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and add water if required.
- Heat the pita bread in a skillet for a couple of minutes or you can heat the oven (wrapped in aluminium foil in oven at 350℉/175℃ for 5 to 7 minutes).
- Make a sauce with the Greek yoghurt, finely chopped garlic and parsley.
- Open the pita bread put gyros in the bread, add some red onion and sauce. Serve immediately
Calories: 530; Fat: 16.6g; Carbs: 48g; Protein: 45.4g