How to make this steak fajitas recipe that will blow your mind? The answer is very easy.
Make the steak fajitas marinade in this recipe and you are halfway there. Read on and I will tell you what more you need to do to make the best grilled sweet soy steak fajita recipe. Want to learn how to make this steak fajitas recipe? Let’s get started!
When you make grilled steak fajitas you need to start with good quality steak because you want soft and tender meat to eat.
But even if you can’t get the best quality cut this marinade will help. You see a marinade needs to balance sweet and sour or actually an acidic ingredient.
When beef, has tough muscle fibers you need some acidity to break this down and make it more tender. The same applies when adding salt on your beef.
It brings out the natural juiciness and makes it more tender. This recipe is done in no time but needs some preparation.
Especially the marinate. The longer you can leave the meat in the marinade the better it gets.
You can even make the marinade the night before so it will be even tastier.
Grilled steak fajitas ingredients
So these ingredients should be on your shopping list if you want to make this steak fajita recipe:
- Sweet soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Chili powder mix
- Chili flakes
- Olive oil
- Bell peppers preferably three colors yellow, green and red
- Yellow onion
- Red onion
- Fajitas tortillas
How to make steak fajitas
When you make this recipe start with the steak fajitas marinade. This might be the easiest marinade in the world.
Put the following ingredients in a bowl:
- Olive oil
- Sweet soy sauce – I use dark soy but you can also use light soy sauce
- Chili flakes
Combine the ingredient before you add one tablespoon of chili powder seasoning, preferably homemade and stir through thoroughly.
Put the meat into a plastic ziplock bag and pour the marinade in the bag. Zip is closed make sure you cover the meat before you put it into the fridge.
Then leave it in the fridge for at least 3 hours (more if possible) and turn the bag midway through the marinading time.
When you pan fry the beef keep the marinade you will need it later on.
Heat a cast iron skillet with olive oil until really and pan fry the beef for 3 minutes per side. Turn the steak and pan fry for another 3 minutes.
Do not move the steak around let it sit in the pan. Take some aluminum foil, wrap the steak in the foil and set it aside.
Let the beef relax for at least 10 minutes before you cut it into small strips and serve. Preheat the oven at 400℉/200℃.
Wrap 6 soft fajitas tortillas in some tin foil and let them warm for 10 minutes. At the same time reheat the cast iron skillet (do not wash it yet) and add some oil.
Put all of the bell peppers in the pan and let them go soft. Then add the onion and stir through the pan.
When all the vegetables are soft, add the remaining marinade to the skillet and let it simmer for a few minutes.
Serve by adding some bell peppers and onion to a fajita tortilla. Then take strips of beef and put it on top of the vegetables.
If you like you can add some homemade roasted tomato salsa on it and eat it with rice. That is how you make this easy steak fajita recipe.
More fajitas recipes
Want to see more easy fajita recipes? Take a look at these great homemade fajitas recipes:
- Shredded tender brisket beef fajitas
- Perfect pulled chicken fajitas
- Vegan mushroom fajitas
- Pork shoulder fajitas
- Surprisingly easy soft fajitas tortilla
See how you can make grilled steak fajitas
Want to see how you can make this steak fajitas recipe? Watch the instruction video below:
I hope you have fun with this grilled steak fajitas recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
How to make this steak fajitas recipe is easy. You need to make a great steak fajitas marinade and eat it with soft tortillas.
- 450 grams of beef steak
- 1½ tbsp Sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chili powder mix
- ¼ tsp Chili flakes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bell peppers preferably three colors yellow, green and red
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 Red onion
- 6 fajitas tortillas
- Add 1½ olive oil, 1½ tbsp of sweet soy sauce, salt and chili flakes into a bowl. Stir before you add one tbsp of chili powder mix and stir some more
- Put the meat into a ziplock bag and pour the marinade in the bag. Leave it in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Turn the bag half way through the marinading time
- Heat a cast iron skillet with oil and pan fry the beef for 3 minutes per side. Turn and let the back of the steak pan fry for also 3 minutes
- Wrap the steaks into aluminium foil and let the beef relax for at least 10 minutes before you cut it into small strips to serve
- Preheat the oven at 400℉/200℃ and warm 6 fajitas tortillas wrapped in thin foil for 10 minutes
- Reheat the cast iron skillet (do not wash it yet) and add some oil. Put all of the bell peppers in the pan and let them go soft. Then add the onion and stir through the pan
- When the vegetables are soft add the remaining marinade to the skillet and let it simmer for a few minutes
- Serve by adding some bell peppers and onion to a fajita tortilla
Servings: 6; Calories: 266; Fat: 10.1g; Carbs: 18.2g; Protein: 25.5g;