This breakfast crescent ring recipe is so festive with Easter but it is also a great breakfast or lunch recipe. With the leftover dough you can make some fresh croissants. Are you ready to learn how you can make this breakfast crescent ring recipe? Lets get started!
We always eat eggs on Sunday morning usually just with bread but when you have a special breakfast or lunch planned and want something fancy this is your go to recipe.
It requires a little skill to get it right because you need to braid the crescent dough from one end to the other. But the end result looks so festive it is more than worth it and almost a shame you have to cut it.
Breakfast crescent ring ingredients
To make this impressive breakfast crescent ring recipe only requires a limited number of ingredients:
- Crescent dough
- Salt and pepper
How to make a ham, egg and cheese crescent ring
One of the main ingredients are the scrambled eggs. Whisk three eggs with some, milk, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
If you want to brush the ring with egg wash save about 2 to 3 tbsp of mixture and turn the remainder into scrambled eggs. Set a side.
Open the crescent dough and one square from the three squares of crescent dough. Usually the dough is separated by a diagonal line. With a pizza cutter cut the dough up into 8 equal triangles.
Lay the triangle in a circle in an alternate pattern on a baking tray. Start with one triangle facing out and the next facing into the circle, the next one facing out.
Repeat until you finish the circle. To make this clear watch the video instruction. Then put strips of ham on the circle, grated cheese on top and finish with scrambled egg.
It is now time to fold the triangle over the egg from outside to inside and the next triangle from inside to outside.
Preheat the oven at 400℉/200℃ and bake the ham, egg and cheese crescent ring in 20 to 25 minutes nice and brown.
Take the breakfast crescent ring out of the oven an let it cool slightly before you cut it in 8 equal parts. Serve immediately.
Store ham, egg and cheese crescent ring
If you like you can store this breakfast crescent ring in the freezer or keep it in the fridge covered in foil for a day.
Warm the ring at 375℉/175℃ for 10 minutes.
Variation for your crescent ring
- Bacon – substitute the ham for crispy bacon or bake it with the scrambled egg
- Shrimp – add some small shrimp to your scrambled egg and give your crescent a Mediterranean touch
- Salmon – Instead of ham make strips of smoked salmon on but them on the crescent dough and add some freshly grind pepper on the salmon. Add some dille to your scrambled eggs instead of parsley
- Honey mustard – start with some honey mustard on your crescent dough before you put some smoked salmon on it then the scrambled egg. This is heaven
More easy breakfast recipes
Looking for more easy breakfast recipe ideas take a look at these:
- Amazing puff pastry egg tarts
- Cracking backing and egg cups
- Easy tortilla huevos rancheros
- Breakfast quesadilla
- The best breakfast burrito
See how to make breakfast crescent ring
Want to see how you can make this breakfast crescent ring recipe? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun with this breakfast crescent ring recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN it on Pinterest.
This breakfast crescent ring recipe looks so festive for Easter but is also a great breakfast or lunch recipe. Make croissants with the leftover dough.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can of crescent dough
- 2 slices of ham
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley
- salt and pepper
- Whisk three eggs with some, milk, parsley and salt and pepper to taste set aside
- Open can the crescent dough and cut one square from the three squares of crescent dough.
- Then cut one square in 8 triangles (first horizontal through the middle then vertically through the middle then diagonally)
- Lay the triangle in a circle in an alternate pattern on a baking tray. Start with one triangle facing out and the next facing into the circle, the next one facing out. Repeat until you finish the circle
- Then put strips of ham on the circle, grated cheese on top and finish with scrambled egg
- Fold the triangle over the egg from outside to inside and the next triangle from inside to outside.
- Preheat the oven at 375℉/175℃ and bake the egg, ham and cheese crescent ring in 20 to 25 minutes. Cut in 8 equal part and serve
To make laying out the circle easier watch the video instruction where I show you how to make the circle.
Calories: 115; Fat: 7.9g; Carbs: 3.4g; Protein: 7.5g;