Avocado shrimp tostadas are the best. That is why we are making this lunchtime favorite. Shrimp and avocado is a killer combination.
Add a tostada and you are in heaven. Are you ready to learn how you can make healthy avocado shrimp tostadas with tomato? Let’s get started!
Small tortillas are the best and a great base for these healthy avocado shrimp tomato tostada. These tostadas are pan fried in a little olive oil but it also contains lots of vegetables and cooked shrimp.
Besides pan frying tostadas you can also bake tostada in the oven. Pan frying tortillas is super fast. It is really a matter of seconds to get them brown and crispy in a skillet.
Beware that when you pan fry, the tortilla will absorb the olive oil. So when the tortillas are done take them out of the pan and drain them on a paper towel.
Let them cool off before adding different the other ingredients. Like the shrimp. It is a great combination of avocado. In this recipe the avocado is used in two ways:
- sliced avocado
Avocado shrimp tostada ingredients
If you want to make shrimp tostadas you need the following ingredients:
- Small tortilla
- Cooked shrimp
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
How to make shrimp tostadas
If you want to make these avocado shrimp tostadas, start with making this healthy guacamole as you need it as the base for the tostada.
Then heat a skillet with some olive oil. Toast the tortillas for about 1 minute on both sides until the tortillas are golden and crispy.
Spread the guacamole on the tortilla as the first layer. Then stack the ingredients on the tostada and add:
- Bell peppers
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cooked shrimp
For the second tostada try a little variation and start with stacking the tapenade first. Then add the sliced avocado, the red bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and shrimp.
You are ready to serve the shrimp tostada.
Tostada ingredient options
Whether you, oven bake your tostada or pan fry the tortillas there are many ways to stack your tostada. Here a number of ingredient options that you can use:
- Refried beans – mash black or brown beans and use it as the first layer on your tostada
- Red beans – a great way to decorate your tostada is by sprinkling some red beans on your tostada
- Corn – a great addition to your tostada is crispy corn. It also adds color and gives your tostada a decorative look
- Carrots – finely cut a carrot for even more color and flavor
- Lettuce – instead of rocket you can use iceberg or lamb’s lettuce to decorate your tostada
- Hummus – another great addition to use as a first or second layer. Make the hummus yourself it tastes much better
- Chickpea – make some oven roasted chickpeas or use the soft chickpeas on top of your tostada
- Shredded chicken – if you want to eat some meat add some shredded chicken
- Mackerel – if you like fish try some mackerel
- Boiled eggs – slice your eggs or when you love a soft boiled egg let the yoke drizzle on the tostada
More tostadas recipes
If you love tostadas than you take a look at these recipes as well:
See how to make healthy avocado shrimp tostadas
Want to see how you can make healthy avocado shrimp tostadas with tomato? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this healthy avocado shrimp tostadas recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a delicious tostada? Take a look at this avocado shrimp tostadas recipe with tomato. These are easy to make with vegetables and shrimp.
- 4 small tortilla
- 1 avocado
- 4 tbsp tapenade
- 1 cup of cooked shrimp
- ½ red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup rucola
- black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil for frying
- Half the avocado and turn into some guacamole. Slice the other half of the avocado
- Heat a pan with olive oil
- Pan fry a four tortilla. Fry a tortilla in a couple of seconds per side. Drain the tortilla on a paper towel. Fry the remaining 3 tortillas
- Spread the guacamole on a fried tortilla then add a tbsp of tapenade and spread this as well. Then add the bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes and shrimp
- For the second tortilla start with the tapenade and add some slices of avocado. Then some bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes and shrimp
- Add some pepper to taste and decorate with rucola
Calories: 450; Fat: 24.6; Carbs: 22.9g; Protein: 34.2g;