Tomorrow it is National tortilla day so of course we have to honor this day at the Tortilla channel. So I’m making a favorite lunch time recipe the tostada with avocado and shrimp. Are you ready to learn how you can make healthy avocado shrimp tomato tostada? Lets get started!
Small tortillas are the best and a great base for these healthy avocado shrimp tomato tostada. These tostadas are pan fried in a little olive oil but also contain lots of vegetables and cooked shrimp. You can also bake tostada in the oven.
Pan frying the tortillas is really a matter of seconds to get them brown and crispy. I let them drain on a paper towel before adding different types of ingredients.
I’m a real fan of shrimp and they are a combination with avocado. In this recipe I use the avocado two ways, sliced avocado and as guacamole.
What do you need for this recipe?
Start with the guacamole and add some tapenade, then some bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, shrimp and rucola. The second starts with tapenade, then sliced avocado and again bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes and shrimp. Ready to serve.
More tostada recipes
If you love tostadas than you take a look at these recipes as well:
How to make healthy avocado shrimp tomato tostada
Want to see how you can make healthy avocado shrimp tomato tostada? Watch the 1-minute instruction below:
Have fun with this healthy avocado shrimp tomato tostada recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or pin to Pinterest and follow me here.
I love comments so let me know your thoughts on these avocado shrimp tomato tostadas. What is your favorite tostada?
To honor National tortilla day we are making healthy avocado shrimp tomato tostada. These are easy to make with vegetables and shrimp. Lets get started!
- 4 small tortilla
- 1 avocado
- 4 tbsp tapenade
- 1 cup of cooked shrimp
- ½ red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup rucola
- black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil for frying
- Half the avocado and turn into some guacamole. Slice the other half of the avocado
- Heat a pan with olive oil
- Pan fry a four tortilla. Fry a tortilla in a couple of seconds per side. Drain the tortilla on a paper towel. Fry the remaining 3 tortillas
- Spread the guacamole on a fried tortilla then add a tbsp of tapenade and spread this as well. Then add the bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes and shrimp
- For the second tortilla start with the tapenade and add some slices of avocado. Then some bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes and shrimp
- Add some pepper to taste and decorate with rucola
Calories: 450; Fat: 24.6; Carbs: 22.9g; Protein: 34.2g;