Kids lunch box idea with tortillas because tortilla wraps are very versatile. Today I’m sharing a great example with these kids lunch box wraps that can be eaten by grown-ups as well. Are you ready to see what you can do with healthy kids lunchbox smart wraps? Lets get started!
Wraps are a great substitute for bread and can be eaten with many different ingredients. You can make them sweet, savory, healthy or vegan.
This recipe is made with these tasty smart wraps which are in fact really smart. These tortillas contain chia seeds and up to 8 grams of protein per wrap.
I like the fact that you can eat these tortilla wraps cold and using the chia smart wraps you get some added flavor.
Kids lunch box ingredients
For this kids lunch box recipe you need a number of the ingredients. Be sure the have the following ingredients on hand:
- Chia tortillas
- Homemade tapenade
- Turkey filet
- Grated cheese
- Sun dried tomatoes
How to make healthy kids lunch box ideas
Then some sun dried tomato. Be sure to let them sit on a paper towel to remove excess oil else the tortilla wrap can get a bit soggy. Finally slice an avocado in thin slices and put on top of the tomatoes.
Roll the tortilla tight and cut it in half. Then wrap the tortillas with some parchment paper or aluminum foil and put in a lunch box. Include some additional cherry tomatoes in the lunch box.
These lunch wraps are really filling and one wrap will be more than enough for 1 child. The combination of turkey, cheese and avocado give it a great bite together with the chia wrap.
Kids lunch box options
You can add a number of other ingredients in this kids lunch box tortillas:
- Hummus – homemade hummus is a great ingredient in this lunch box recipe
- Pickles – thinly sliced pickles is a little sweet and sour which perfectly in this recipe
- Red onion – slice a red onion in thin rings and add them on the tortilla wraps
- Bacon – instead of turkey you can use pan fried bacon
See how to make healthy kids lunch box wraps
Want to see how you can easily healthy kids lunch box wraps? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this healthy kids lunchbox idea! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN it on Pinterest and follow me here.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links for which I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. All the products listed are products I use myself or are from companies I highly recommend. Thank you for supporting The Tortilla Channel!
How to make healthy kids lunchbox smart wraps with Chai wraps. These contain 8 grams of protein and that are great for grown ups too. Lets get started!
- 1 (smart) tortilla wrap
- 2 tbsp of tapenade (homemade or store bought)
- 3 slices of turkey filet
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes (remove excess oil)
- ½ avocado sliced
- Take a (smart) wrap and cover with tapenade
- Add slices of turkey and cover with grated cheese
- Now add the sundried tomatoes and slices of avocado
- Roll up tight and cut in half
- To keep it together wrap in parchment paper or aluminum foil
Calories: 508; Fat: 38g; Carbs: 33g; Protein: 16.2g