Healthy vegetarian nachos you want to make. These nachos are so colorful and cheesy it is almost a shame to eat them. Make them on the weekend or on game night but be fast these will be gone before you know it. Ready to learn how you can make these vegetarian nachos? Lets get started!
For some reason I always think that making nachos is a huge task, when in fact these loaded nachos are done in no time. In literally less than 10 minutes you can have this recipe on the table. So when I make nachos I always wonder why I do not make them more often.
It is such an easy nacho recipe. No meat, no preparing different ingredients. Just combine and put it in the oven with loads of cheese. Just the smell of the melting cheese in the house will make you hungry.
If you want you can make the whole recipe from scratch including the corn tortillas. Just watch in the video below that will show you can make tortilla chips yourself.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe. The cheese and the tortilla chips are the most important in this recipe but you can choose what else to include. I have seen recipes for nachos with only cheese or a little salsa with cheese but must admit that I like it loaded up a little bit more.
Ah just picture yourself on a lazy Saturday afternoon with this dish in the oven. As soon as you put these on the table start running because they will disappear in no time. Solution is to make a double batch just in case you will not have any left overs from these nachos. So get started with this classic in the Tex Mex kitchen healthy vegetarian nachos.
Vegetarian nachos ingredients
To make this ultimate nacho recipe you only need a limited amount of ingredients. Take a look at this shopping list:
- Tortilla chips
- Grated cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
How to make healthy vegetarian nachos
This is the easiest tasty nachos recipe you ever tried and a must make for all your party, game night or snack time. Best of all it is done in less than 10 minutes.
Let me show you just how easy you can make healthy vegetarian nachos. Pre heat the oven at 450℉/225℃ and start with finely chopping the jalapeño, the red onion and the cherry tomatoes. Put them aside.
Take a big bowl and start by layering the tortilla chips. Layering is the secret to the best nachos.You do not want to eat all the cheese at once and when you get to the bottom of the bowl there are only tortilla chips left. So do not just put the tortilla chips in a bowl and top it with cheese but layer your ingredients.
Take a first handful of tortilla chips and put them in a bowl. Then put a couple of tablespoons of grated cheese on the first tortilla layer. Then sprinkle this layer with tomatoes, red onions, jalapeño and chives before adding the second layer of tortilla chips.
Make at least three layers alternating the chips with the red onion, jalapeño, chives and tomatoes. Put the bowl in the middle of the oven for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melting.
Decorate with the remaining chives and finely chopped scallions. Now tell me doesn’t this look amazing. Serve your healthy nachos immediately.
Nacho ingredient options
There are many ways to load up your nachos even. You can add many ingredients like:
- Red bell peppers
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- White onion
- Pinto beans
- Refried beans
Eat nachos with
These nachos are great to eat as is but you can add a lot of additional dishes like
- Restaurant style salsa – make it in the blender, done in a matter of minutes
- Delicious guacamole – healthy guacamole is a classic when it comes to the Tex Mex kitchen. Goes great with healthy nachos
- Vegan cheese – This recipe is vegan and a great cheese dip substitute. A great recipe to try
- Spicy black bean salsa – another great dip that you can eat with your nachos. You can make it while the nachos are in the oven
- Sour cream – a great fresh taste with this sour cream
More nachos recipes
There are more nacho recipes on the Tortilla Channel. Take a look at these recipes:
- Vegan nachos – A nacho recipe with lentils, salsa, guacamole and tomatoes
- Vegan nacho dip – This dip is a soft, smooth sauce
- Jalapeño beef nachos – Spicy ground beef nachos
See how to make tortilla chips
As tortilla chips are the base for nachos and you want to make them yourself take a look at this instruction video below:
Have fun with this super easy healthy vegetarian nachos recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
The easiest healthy vegetarian nachos you ever tried. Layered with tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and cheese. Done in less than 10 minutes.
- 75 gram tortilla chips
- 50 gram grated cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices jalapeño
- ¼ red onion
- 1 scallion
- Pre heat the oven at 450℉/225℃
- Finely chop the jalapeño, red onion and the cherry tomatoes. Put them aside
- Take a bowl and alternate a layer of tortilla chips with tomatoes, red onions, jalapeño and chives before adding the second layer of tortilla chips
- Make at least three layers of tortilla chips and the vegetables
- Put the bowl in the middle of the oven for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melting
- Decorate with the remaining chives and finely chopped scallions
- Serve your healthy nachos immediately
Calories: 170; Fat: 8.2g; Carbs: 21.4g; Protein: 4g;