Healthy vegetarian nachos are so colorful and cheesy it is almost a shame to eat them.
Make these on the weekend or on game-night. Serve with some chili sauce or guacamole but be fast these will be gone before you know it. Such an amazing, tasty snack. So are you ready to learn how to make vegetarian nachos? Let’s get started!
For some reason, I always think that making nachos is a huge task, when in fact these are done in no time.
In less than 10 minutes you can have them on the table. It is such an easy recipe. No meat, no preparing different ingredients.
Just combine and put it in the oven with loads of cheese. Just the smell of the melting cheese in the house will make you hungry.
If you want, you can make the whole recipe from scratch including the corn tortillas.
Just watch in the video below that shows how you can make tortilla chips yourself.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe. The cheese and the tortilla chips are the most important in this recipe but you can choose what else to include.
I have seen recipes for nachos only using cheese or a little salsa but nachos taste so much better when they are loaded up a little bit more.
Picture yourself on a lazy Saturday afternoon with this dish in the oven. As soon as you put these on the table start running because they will disappear in no time.
The solution is to make a double batch just in case you will not have any leftovers from these nachos.
So get started with this classic in the Tex Mex kitchen healthy vegetarian nachos.
Vegetarian nacho ingredients
To prepare this ultimate nacho recipe you only need a limited amount of ingredients.
Take a look at this shopping list:
- Tortilla chips
- Grated cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
How to make healthy vegetarian nachos
This is the easiest nachos recipe you ever tried, for all your parties, game nights or snack times.
Best of all this recipe is done in less than 10 minutes. Let me show you how easy you can make this recipe.
Start with preheating the oven at 450℉ and finely chop the jalapeño, the red onion, and the cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
Take a big bowl and layer the ingredients. Layering is the secret to the best nachos.
You do not want to eat all the cheese at once and when you get to the bottom of the bowl there are only tortilla chips left.
So do not just put the tortilla chips in a bowl and top it with cheese but layer your ingredients.
First, take a handful of tortilla chips and put them in a bowl. Then add two or three tablespoons of grated cheese on top of the tortilla chips.
Then add the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle red onions, jalapeño, and chives before adding the second layer of tortilla chips.
Repeat at least three times and alternate the chips with the red onion, jalapeño, chives, and tomatoes.
Cover the final layer of tortilla chips with cheese. Put the bowl in the middle of the oven for 7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Decorate with some of the remaining chives and finely chopped scallions.
Now tell me doesn’t this look amazing. Serve your healthy nachos immediately.
Nacho ingredient options
If you want to load up your nacho dish even further take a look at this list with even more ingredient inspiration.
You can add ingredients like:
- Red bell peppers
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- White onion
- Pinto beans
- Shredded chicken
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Refried beans
Serve nachos with
This dish is great to eat as is but you can also serve them with some great dishes:
- Restaurant-style salsa – make it in the blender, done in a matter of minutes
- Delicious guacamole – healthy guacamole is a classic when it comes to the Tex Mex kitchen. Goes great with healthy nachos
- Vegan cheese – this recipe is vegan and a great cheese dip substitute. A great recipe to try
- Spicy black bean salsa – another great dip that you can eat with your nachos. You can make it while the nachos are in the oven
- Sour cream – a great fresh taste with this sour cream
- Hot chili sauce – take some sweet chili sauce, it is a great addition to this snack
More nachos recipes
If you like this recipe you will love all of these other nacho recipes that you can find on the Tortilla Channel.
Take a look at these recipes:
- Vegan nachos – a nacho recipe with lentils, salsa, guacamole and tomatoes
- Vegan nacho dip – this dip is a soft, smooth sauce
- Jalapeño beef nachos – made with spicy ground beef
- Breakfast nachos – made with eggs, vegetables and avocado
See how to make tortilla chips
Want to see how you can make homemade tortilla chips? As tortilla chips are the base for nachos and you want to make them yourself take a look at this instruction video.
It gives you a step by step instruction and shows how easy it is to make nachos chips yourself.
Have fun with this super easy healthy vegetarian nachos recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
The easiest healthy vegetarian nachos you ever tried. Layered with tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and cheese. Done in less than 10 minutes.
- 75 gram tortilla chips
- 50 gram grated cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices jalapeño
- ¼ red onion
- 1 scallion
- Pre heat the oven at 450℉/225℃
- Finely chop the jalapeño, red onion and the cherry tomatoes. Put them aside
- Take a bowl and alternate a layer of tortilla chips with tomatoes, red onions, jalapeño and chives before adding the second layer of tortilla chips
- Make at least three layers of tortilla chips and the vegetables
- Put the bowl in the middle of the oven for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melting
- Decorate with the remaining chives and finely chopped scallions
- Serve your healthy nachos immediately
Calories: 170; Fat: 8.2g; Carbs: 21.4g; Protein: 4g;