Easy chicken quesadillas recipe is what we share on the Tortilla Channel today. If you love chicken and tortillas this recipe is for you. Want to learn how to make this easy chicken quesadillas recipe? Lets get started!
Chicken has so many possibilities. This recipe is just a base to start with. Use what every flavour makes you happy.
As variety is the spice of life these heavenly hearty spicy chicken quesadillas are a such great example of variety and spice.
The quesadilla is such a great alternative to bread for lunch or even for dinner. Especially when you add hot toppings you can eat this recipe for dinner.
Chicken quesadillas are easy to make and the options are endless. Make this recipe with homemade tortillas it only takes 4 ingredients and these chicken quesadillas taste even better.
They are super easy to make and they taste amazing. Of course you can also use store bought tortillas but I recommend home made any day of the week or weekend.
Chicken quesadillas ingredients
If you want to make this super easy chicken quesadillas recipe you need a handful of ingredients. Make sure the following chicken quesadillas ingredients are on your shopping list:
- Homemade flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Tomato salsa
- Vegetable oil
How to make chicken quesadillas
To make this easy chicken quesadillas recipe start with the chicken breast the base of this dish. First slice the chicken breast or left over chicken in small slices.
Then finely chop onion and garlic. Heat a skillet and warm vegetable oil. Pan fry the onion and garlic before adding the chicken first. Stir in the pan until the chicken is browned and the onion and garlic has gone soft.
Add some roasted red spicy tomato sauce to the chicken mix. If you do not have roasted red tomato salsa you can also add a tablespoon of Sriracha sauce or tomato puree.
Take the chicken mixture out of the pan and set aside. In the meanwhile pour oil into the skillet. Put a tortilla on a plate and add two to three tablespoons of the chicken mixture on the tortilla.
Finish with the graded cheese before closing the quesadilla. As cheese usually has quite some salt I do not add additional salt but feel free to add salt to taste.
When the oil is nice and hot lower the quesadilla into the pan. Move around so the quesadilla can get nice and brown. This takes about 4 minutes. Then turn the chicken quesadilla and cook the other side for another 3 to 4 minutes.
If you have a large pan you can cook two at the same time else cook per quesadilla. Take the quesadilla out of the pan, cut in half or three wedges and serve immediately. Now doesn’t this look good enough to bite in?
Reasons why these quesadillas are heavenly
When you bite into one of these chicken quesadillas just close you eyes and savour the moment. Forget about your schedule and all the things that you need to do. The only thing you need to do is enjoy nothing more.
If you are wondering why these quesadillas are heavenly it is because:
- Easy to make – These are done in about 15 minutes or less
- 7 ingredients – Yep chicken, onion, garlic, roasted red tomato sauce, chives, cheese and tortilla.
- Chicken, chicken and chicken – do I need to say more?
- Spicy – I love anything spicy hot, food with a kick.
- Cheese, melted cheese how ever much you fancy.
Other quesadilla recipes
If you like quesadillas then you should definitely try these as well:
- Oven baked chicken quesadillas – contain way less calories than pan fried quesadillas.
- Breakfast quesadillas – made with two ways of eggs.
- Avocado shrimp quesadillas – crispy, easy to make and delicious.
See how to make heavenly hearty spicy chicken quesadillas
Want to see how you can make this easy chicken quesadillas recipe? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this easy chicken quesadillas recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
This easy chicken quesadillas recipe is great for lunch or dinner. Made with homemade flour tortillas and spicy chikcen, so delicious. Lets get started!
- 150 grams of (leftover) chicken sliced into small strips.
- 2 home made flour tortillas
- ½ of finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of chives
- shredded cheese to taste
- 2 tbsp of roasted red spicy tomato salsa
- 2 tbsp of oil (olive oil or sunflower oil)
- ¼ cup of water
- Put oil in the pan and heat.
- Pan fry the onion and garlic
- Add the chicken and stir regularly. If you do not have leftover chicken bake the chicken first then add the onion and garlic
- Add the roasted red spicy tomato salsa and the water. Stir the mixture
- Put half of the chicken mixture on the tortilla. Top with chives and shredded cheese
- Close tortilla
- Repeat above steps and fry both quesadillas in a medium to hot pan.
- Turn en take out of the pan
- Serve immediately
Calories: 344; Fat: 19.8g; Carbs: 16g; Protein: 25.7g;