This dinner roll recipe is not only super tasty but also super easy to make. Soft, pillowy with just a hint of garlic
So what are you waiting for? You can’t get better dinner rolls than this. So are you ready to learn how you can make homemade dinner rolls? Let’s get started!
Homemade dinner rolls are the best. They make every dish taste better and these rolls with a hint of garlic and herbs are amazing with some real butter.
These rolls have a slightly crunchy outside and a fluffy almost pillowy inside. Serve them warm and the butter will melt on the bread making them even better.
You can make them a round shape or a slightly oval shape. If you want to serve your rolls as a starter or with some soup do not make them too big.
What I also love about a good roll is you can easily decorate it with a lot of different toppings as you can see below.
Dinner rolls ingredients
So what do you need to make this bread recipe? Off course the main bread ingredients and some additional ingredients.
Be sure to put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Wheat flour
- White sugar
- Active dry yeast
- Unsalted butter
- Dried parsley
- Garlic (optional)
How to make homemade dinner rolls
To make this recipe you have to start with the yeast mixture. So start with warm water in a small bowl, sprinkle the sugar and yeast into the bowl.
Leave the mixture and you will see it froth and get foamy. This will take between 5 to 10 minutes. In the meanwhile let the butter melt.
Put the flour and salt into a big bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the milk and melted butter and stir then add the yeast mixture.
Stir all the ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine. When the dough comes together take it out of the bowl and knead for 7-10 minutes.
You should have an elastic soft dough. Divide the dough into 13 to 14 equal parts and roll them into dough balls.
Put the dough balls on a baking sheet covered baking paper. Cover the dough with cling film and store in a draft-free area.
Let the dough rise for about 1 hour or until they have doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 350℉/175℃ and bake the dinner buns for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Melt the butter, add the dried parsley and a pinch of salt. You can add finely chopped garlic if desired.
Stir and baste the butter mixture on the pull-apart bread after they are out of the oven now your rolls are ready to serve.
Serve dinner rolls with
Bread rolls are great to eat all by themselves with butter or a bit of cheese but you can also serve them with one of these great recipes:
Other bread recipes
If you love bread then you have to take a look at these recipes:
- No-knead bread
- Chocolate bread
- Pan con tomate
- Mediterranean bread
- Pita bread
- Raisin cinnamon bread
- Stollen bread
I hope you love this dinner roll recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a great homemade dinner rolls? Try this recipe! A great companion with your soup, some butter or a piece of cheese. Soft, fluffy bread rolls.
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Put warm water in a small bowl, sprinkle the sugar and yeast into the bowl. Leave the mixture between 5 to 10 minutes
- Melt the butter. Put the flour and salt into a big bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the milk, melted butter and stir before adding the yeast mixture
- Stir to combine all the ingredients with a wooden spoon. When the dough comes together take it out of the bowl and knead for 7-10 minutes into an elastic soft dough
- Divide the dough into 13 to 14 equal parts and roll them into dough balls. Put them on a baking sheet covered baking paper. Cover the dough with cling film and store in a draft-free area
- Let the dough rise in approx 1 hour or until they have doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 350℉/175℃ and bake the dinner buns for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown
- Melt the butter, add the dried parsley and a pinch of salt. Add finely chopped garlic if desired
- Stir the butter mixture and baste on the dinner rolls
- Ready to serve
Calories: 138; Fat: 3g; Carbs: 23.5g; Protein: 3.5g;