Homemade ranch dressing is creamy, garlicky and fresh. This dressing is great with a salad or with your Mexican street fries or potato wedges.
If you ever wondered how to make this dressing you need to take a look at this recipe. It is the perfect combination of mayonnaise, dairy, and herbs. Keep it chilled and you can eat it for at least a week. Want to learn how to make homemade ranch dressing? Let’s get started!
It only takes a couple of minutes to put this dressing together. Combining mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk results in a smooth pourable sauce.
This recipe is a real hit at our house. The reason is simple. This recipe is done in a matter of minutes and it goes great with just about any recipe:
- slice your carrots, cucumber or e.g. radishes for the perfect crudités with this dip
- a boring salad just got a whole lot tastier with this sauce
- the perfect dip for natural potato chips or fries
The options are endless. This recipe contains all the spices and herb you need. However, if you have this ranch seasoning in your cupboard you can use it as well.
Half a tablespoon is enough. Stir it through the mayonnaise mix and taste. If needed add a teaspoon of seasoning, stir, and taste again.
Ranch dressing ingredients
To make this dressing the main ingredients are dairy and herbs. Most likely you have the majority of the ingredients in your kitchen pantry.
Put the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Sour cream
- Dried Dill
- Dried parsley
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Fresh lemon juice
How to make ranch dressing from scratch
To make this dressing recipe take a medium sized bowl and add the mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk. Take a spoon and whisk until a smooth sauce.
Take a small mixing bowl and add the spices. Stir through for about a minute until fully combined.
You want the spices to be fully combined before you add them to the mayonnaise mixtures so the spices are evenly distributed in your dressing.
Then add the spice mixture and add in the dressing bowl. Stir the spices through the dressing until fully combined.
Now take a lemon and squeeze the juice. Then add the lemon juice to the dressing bowl and whisk again. You can pour the dressing into a glass jar.
Store in the refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes before using.
Store the ranch dressing
If you want to store this recipe longer than a day, the best way to store it is in the fridge. Put it in a glass jar and you can easily preserve for more than a week.
Just stir it through before using it again and it will remain soft and creamy.
More dip recipes
If you love this dip then you will love these good dip sauce recipes:
- Nacho dip – this dip is vegan and made without cashew and lots of vegetables
- Red roasted bell pepper hummus dip – if you normally eat hummus than you will love this recipe as well. Roast the bell pepper and combine in your hummus dip
- Guacamole – the best avocado dip ever. It is creamy and soft and great with your tortilla chips or a topping
- Greek tzatziki sauce – a little sharp from the garlic and Greek yogurt great with Greek gyros
- Pico de gallo – another great dip recipe is this fresh pico de gallo recipe
Hope you love this ranch dressing recipe as much as I do. Have fun making this dressing! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the easiest ranch dressing at home? Try this homemade ranch dressing recipe. Easy to make, tasty, done in minutes.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice adjust to taste
- Take a bowl and add the mayonnaise, sour cream and milk. Whisk until smooth
- Put all the spices and herbs in a mixing bowl. Whisk for at least 1 minute
- Then add the spice mix to the mayonnaise mixture and stir through thoroughly
- Now add the lemon to the dressing and whisk again
- Pour the ranch dressing into a jar and chill in the fridge
You can keep this dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week
Calories: 95; Fat: 8g; Carbs: 5g; Protein: 1g;