The crunchwrap is the ultimate wrap! It contains everything for a great dinner
It is the best dinner in a wrap and really easy to make. The crunchwrap supreme is made big by Taco Bell but it is so easy to make yourself and it tastes so much better. Ready to learn how to make a crunchwrap? Let’s get started!
Want to make the crunchwrap supreme at home? Well finally, we are making a crunchwrap on the Tortilla Channel.
When you see how easy it is to make yourself and how delicious you will never go and buy in the store.
What is a crunchwrap?
If you have never heard of a crunchwrap let me explain what it is.
In 2006 Taco Bell invented this ultimate dinner wrap. They combined everything you like about the Mexican kitchen:
- Tostadas – tostadas are the foundation of this recipe stacked up and filled with tasty ingredients
- Beef tacos – add the most delicious beef used in your beef tacos
- Chimichangas – wrapped with a soft tortilla and baked the crunchwrap is like a big baked chimichangas
Add some amazing nachos cheese dip, lettuce, and tomato. Fold the crunchwrap like a hexagon and bake in a hot skillet like a quesadilla before you serve it.
Crunchwrap supreme ingredients
So what is in a crunchwrap? You need quite a number of ingredients and do a little bit of cooking. Don’t be put off by all the ingredients it is really easy to make this recipe.
Make sure you have the following ready when you start making this dish:
- Burrito size flour tortillas
- Small fajitas sized tortillas
- Corn tortilla/tostada shells
- Ground beef
- Homemade taco seasoning mix
- Sour cream
- Iceberg lettuce
- Roma tomatoes
- Tomato puree
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Nacho dip
- Cooking spray or olive oil
If you have the time make your own tortillas but you can easily make this recipe with store-bought tortillas.
I always use my own seasoning as these taste so much better than anything you buy in the store and way less salty.
How to make a crunchwrap?
To make this recipe start heating a skillet to medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook it brown and crumble. This will take a couple of minutes.
If you have excess fat drain it. Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic and add to the beef. Stir continuously until the onion is soft and translucent. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
Now add the taco seasoning and stir it through the meat. Add some water to dissolve the seasoning and then add the tomato puree.
This gives so much flavor to the taco meat. Stir and reduce the heat so the meat can simmer while you prepare the tortillas.
Place the flour tortillas underneath a wet paper towel on a plate and warm them in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
Stack the crunchwrap
Now it is time to put together the crunchwrap. Lay a big tortilla on a cutting board. Spread a couple of tablespoons of nacho dip in the middle of the tortilla.
Take 2 to 3 tablespoons of taco meat on top of the nacho dip. Then add the crunchy tostada shell on the taco meat.
Add a thin layer of sour cream on the shell and top with Iceberg lettuce, quartered Roma tomato, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Lastly, add a small tortilla on top of the cheese.
How to fold the crunchwrap?
Now it is time to fold this stack into a crunchwrap. To fold into the actual crunchwrap, take one edge of the big tortilla and fold this edge up to the center of the fillings.
Take the next edge and fold to it the center of the filling. Keep repeating this folding it as tight as possible, as you work your way around the tortilla.
Cook the crunchwrap
Heat a skillet to medium heat and spray cooking spray or brush a bit of olive oil in the skillet. Place the crunchwrap supreme, seam-side down, in the skillet.
Cook the wrap for 2 to 3 minutes before you flip it over and bake the other side for another 2-3 min or until golden brown.
If you have two skillets bake two at the time else place the ready crunchwrap in a baking dish and cover with lit to keep it warm while you make the remaining crunch wraps.
Other baked tortilla recipes
If you like this recipe you will love these baked tortilla recipes as well. Take a look:
- Chimichangas – a great baked tortilla recipe
- Shredded chicken tostada – a delicious recipe made with some (leftover) shredded whole chicken
- Chicken enchilada – hot out of the oven these enchiladas are the ultimate baked tortillas
- Tortilla taco lasagna – yes you can make a great lasagna with tortillas
See how to make a crunchwrap
Want to see how to make a crunchwrap at home? Take a look at the instruction video on how to make a crunchwrap.
You will love how easy it is to make yourself really.
I hope this gives you a good idea of how to make a crunchwrap recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Want to learn how to make a crunchwrap at home? Take a look at this easy crunchwrap supreme recipe. Natural ingredients, on the table in no time and tasty!
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 4 small fajitas sized tortillas
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 7 Roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup nacho dip
- Cooking spray
- Preheat a skillet to medium-hot and brown the ground beef into a crumble. Drain excess fat
- Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic. Add to the ground meat and stir continuously until the onion is soft and translucent
- Add the taco seasoning mix and stir it through the beef. Add water and the tomato puree stir again and reduce the heat to a low simmer
- Place flour tortillas on a plate covered by a wet paper towel and warm in the microwave for about 20 seconds
- Lay a big tortilla on a cutting board. Spread a couple of tablespoons of nacho dip in the middle of the tortilla
- Put 2 to 3 tablespoons taco meat on top of the nacho dip. Add the crunchy tostada shell on the taco meat
- Add a thin layer of sour cream on the shell and top with Iceberg lettuce, quartered Roma tomato, and shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add a small tortilla on top of the cheese
- Fold the crunchwrap and start with the bottom of the tortilla. Fold the edge up to the center of the fillings. Repeat folding as tight as possible, as you work your way around the tortilla
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place the crunchwrap supreme, seam-side down, into the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Flip and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining crunchwraps and eat immediately.
If you do not have cooking spray substitute with a tablespoon of olive oil and brush the skillet before baking the crunchwrap
Calories: 673; Fat: 20g; Carbs: 75g; Protein: 43g;