This authentic Sangria recipe is done in no time and requires only 7 ingredients. Take your knife and chopping board and I will show you how you can make the easiest red wine sangria ever.
If you ever go to Spain you have to drink Sangria. It is the best beverages on warm days to cool down a bit. But even if you are not in Spain it is really easy to make this fruity sangria recipe at home. Ready to learn how to make sangria? Lets get started!
What is sangria?
Sangria originates from Spain and is a red wine drink combined with chopped fruit, brandy and some juice. Fruit and wine is a great combination especially if you let it sit in a pitcher and let it cool.
This recipe is easy to make this drink ahead of time. You can leave your sangria in the fridge over night but be prepared to have a much stronger tasting drink.
Serve on warm weekend afternoons or at your next party. Make a big pitcher because this will be gone in no time.
What fruit goes in sangria?
If you are wondering what fruit goes into sangria you have lot of options. In a traditional sangria you only use red wine, green apple and oranges.
You can customise your sangria with:
Best wine for sangria
The best wines for sangria are:
- Red wine – choose a medium bodied red wine like a Rioja or Tempranillo
- White wine – if you choose a white wine take a sweeter white wine for this recipe
- Light rose wine – you can also use a sweeter light rose wine
- Sparkling cava – which is used in Catalonia to make there own version of sangria. If you use Cava you can leave the sparking water out of the recipe as you have enough bubbles from the Cava.
To make this authentic sangria recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Spanish rioja wine
- Green apple
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Ice cubes
- Sparkling water if you like a light sangria
How to make sangria
Wash your apple and orange with some cold water. Leave the skin of the apple on and dice it in big chunks. Slice your orange and cut it in triangles.
Put the fruit in a big pitcher. Then add the lemon juice, orange juice, brandy and the wine. Take a large spoon so you can stir all the ingredients to combine.
Add the ice cubes. If you want a fruity and light sangria top the pitcher with some sparkling water for a bubbly effect. If you like your sangria sweeter you can add:
- Fresh fruit juice
If you do not have brandy you can easily substitute with some rum.
Serve your sangria
Serve your sangria with big wine glases and with a wooden spoon so you can scoop the fruit out of the pitcher in the glass.
Other drink recipes
If you like a good sangria you will also like these drinks:
- Tinto de Verano – the simple version of sangria
- Liquor 43 cocktail – another sweet fruity drink
- Caipirinha – sweetened with coconut sugar and made with limes.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for an easy authentic sangria recipe? Take a look at this how to make sangria recipe. You only need 7 ingredients.
- 500ml red Spanish rioja wine
- 1 small green apple, diced into chunks
- 1 small orange diced into chunks
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice to make it sweeter
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup sparkling water if you like a light sangria
- Wash the apple and orange
- Dice the apple and cut the oranges in chunks
- Put the fruit in a big pitcher. Then add the lemon juice, orange juice, brandy and the wine
- Take a large spoon so you can stir all the ingredients to combine
- Add the ice cubes. If you want a fruity and light sangria top the pitcher with some sparkling water for a bubbly effect
Calories: 180; Fat: 0g; Carbs: 15g; Protein: 1g;