Mexican beef tacos is such a delicious recipe! It is an easy recipe that gets more flavor the longer you let it simmer. This will be you go to recipe for Tacotuesday I am certain.
Serve with soft tortillas or some taco shells and you have the best beef tacos. Add some tomatoes, bell peppers and use your favorite seasoning. The grounded beef is organic, the sauce is thick and the taste is rich of flavor. Are you ready to learn how to make this classic beef tacos? Lets get started!
The biggest secret of the best organic beef tacos is using quality lean organic ground beef and turning the meat into a ragout which is very similar to a Bolognese sauce.
Just like with a good ragout the meat needs time to absorb the flavors of the ingredients and this takes times (biggest secret of all).
If you are not cooking with organic meat I can really recommend it not only because it is important that animals have a better life and living conditions.
As a result the taste is also so much better which is an added bonus.
Beef tacos ingredients
To make these beef tacos you need a number of ingredients. Make sure you have the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Ground beef
- Bell pepper
- Chili powder
- Cumin powder
- Vegetable stock
- Tomato puree
- Kidney beans
- Crunchy tacos
How to make the best organic beef tacos
When I make the sauce for these tacos I start out with the ground beef. As the meat has enough fat no additional cooking product is required.
First let the meat brown before you start adding the vegetable. The ground beef will release fat and liquid that will soften the bell peppers and onions when you add them.
After you added the garlic the next step is to add the right spices. You can add the taco seasoning e.g. but start with at least the following spices and add what you like:
- Chili powder (hot variety)
Another secret to the best beef tacos is to not use tomatoes or tomato sauce but only use tomato puree or paste.
Fresh tomato or tomato sauce contain a lot of water and as a result the meat sauce will also contain to much liquid something you do not want.
The sauce has to thicken and the tomato puree will give it that rich flavor you are looking for so do not add tomatoes.
Once the sauce thickens and the meat and vegetables absorb the flavors the sauce will become red and rich like Bolognese sauce. To finish the sauce add some vegetable stock to give the sauce more depth.
The last ingredient is a can of kidney beans. Drain the liquid from the can first before adding the kidney beans to the meat stew.
Stir it thoroughly and then let it simmer. At least 30 minutes but preferably for an hour. Decorate with some cherry tomatoes and scallions.
Serve the best taco meat with
You can serve this delicious taco meat with:
There you have a great taco dinner.
Warm some crunchy taco shells in the oven before scooping two or three spoonfuls of ragout in the taco. Dress up your tacos with:
Store beef tacos
Organic beef tacos can be stored very well. You have the following options:
- Store in the refrigerator if you plan on eating tacos within the next day. Put the beef in a plastic container or a pan and leave it over night. This will add to the flavor and make the beef taste even better. Make sure the beef is covered else it will go dry.
- You can also freeze the beef. Put in a freezer save container and you can store it in the freezer for at least a month. However separate the beef from the corn tacos as they will get soggy when you defrost the sauce and heat them again. You can freeze the tacos separately.
More taco recipes
If you like this recipe I am certain you will love these taco recipes as well:
- Tilapia Fish tacos – these are fast and delicious with avocado paratha tortillas
- Veggie frenzy stir fry taco – lots and lots of vegetables turn these taco in a festive feast
- Shrimp asparagus taco – one of my favorite taco recipes these shrimp asparagus tacos
- Tender carnitas tacos – this is such a classic taco recipe as well. If you love pork try these tacos
- Fresh fish and shrimp cauliflower taco – Love fish than this a must try with low carb cauliflower tacos
- Lambs kebab tacos – made with chickpea flour tortillas
- Mini party shrimp tacos – having a party? Surprise your guests with these mini party tacos
See how to make the best organic beef tacos
Want to see how to make the best organic beef tacos? Watch the instruction video below and follow along:
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Have fun with this how to make organic beef tacos recipe! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and update.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Tacos on the blog. Do you want to know How to make the best organic beef tacos? I promise you'll love them and go back to the recipe again and again.
- 200 grams ground beef
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tin of 80 grams of tomato puree
- 1 can of 250 grams of kidney beans
- 6 hard-shell tacos
- Heat a pan over medium to high heat
- Add the ground beef to the pan and use a wooden spatula to move the meat around in the pan until it is brown
- Add the bell pepper and stir through the meat
- Then add the onion and garlic. Stir until soft
- Sprinkle the chili powder on the meat mixed and stir before adding the cumin
- Now add the tomato puree
- Keep stirring while you add the vegetable stock
- Lastly add the kidney beans to the mixture and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes to 60 minutes
- Warm crunchy corn tacos #346 and divide the beef mixture over the taco shell
I do not use any baking product as there is a lot of fat in the ground beef. Once the beef starts to brown the fat will be released and able to soften the bell pepper, onion and garlic. You can substitute vegetable stock for chicken or beef stock. I do not add additional salt and pepper as the stock contains salt and I use chili powder. Of course you can add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 664; Fat: 22.2g; Carbs: 128g; Protein: 64g;