Why huevos rancheros tacos are the best breakfast recipe that you can make on a weekend or for a festive lunch? Because with a tortilla as the base it is something completely different that regular bread. Want to learn how you can make these huevos rancheros tacos? Lets get started!
This is such a fun, appetizing and festive recipe. It has color due to the vegetable, tortillas and eggs and taste due to the tomato stew. Just looking at this recipe will make you happy.
These huevos rancheros are done in less than 20 minutes and a feast for your eyes and your mouth. They are made with lentil tortillas, eggs, beans, tomato and cheese.
You can make this recipe for breakfast or lunch. Add some baked potato and you have a hearty dinner.
The main idea is to bake up vegetables and eggs in a skillet and all the other ingredients are optional and can be chosen to your liking. This recipe is in essence a vegetable stew with eggs.
Huevos rancheros tacos ingredients
To make this recipe you need the following ingredient on your shopping list:
- Lentil tortillas tacos
- Cocktail tomatoes
- White onion
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Kidney beans
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make huevos rancheros tacos
Cut the tomatoes into 8 parts and chop the onion finely. Heat a skillet on medium to high heat with vegetable oil. Sauté the onion until soft and translucent.
Add the tomatoes and stir continuously until you get a thick tomato sauce. Let it simmer and then set aside. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Warm the red lentil tortillas in a pan. Then pan fry three eggs with some butter and take the pan of the heat. Set aside.
Now it is time to plate the tacos. Start with a lentil tortilla then add some tomato mix. Put a tablespoon with kidney beans on the tomato sauce and sprinkle slices of red onion and scallion on top. Now put a fried egg on the taco. Decorate with the feta cheese and you are ready to serve.
Huevos rancheros tortilla options
You have a number of types of tortillas that you can use for huevos rancheros:
- Corn tortillas – if you need to eat gluten free you have the option to make the huevos rancheros with lentil tortillas but you can also eat them with corn tortillas.
- Flour tortillas – huevos rancheros are also delicious with flour tortillas. You can put them in a skillet like with this huevos rancheros recipe.
Other breakfast recipes with eggs
If you like this recipe then have a look at these breakfast recipes. I’m sure you will love it.
- Huevos rancheros with bacon – these huevos rancheros are another version of this recipe. Made with flour tortillas and in a skillet. Super delicious
- Tortilla bacon and eggs cups – this is a great substitute for bacon and eggs. Made in a tortilla and a muffin tin. Easy to make and done in 20 minutes
- Breakfast quesadilla – take a tortilla, eggs and bacon to make this recipe.
Have fun with this simple huevos rancheros recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Huevos rancheros tacos are the best breakfast recipe that you can make on a weekend or for a festive lunch. Lets get started!
- 3 red lentil tortillas
- 3 eggs
- 8 cocktail tomatoes
- ½ chopped white onion
- ½ sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp of feta cheese
- 4 tbsp of kidney beans
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the tomatoes into 8 parts and chop the onion
- Heat a skillet on medium to high heat with vegetable oil. Sauté the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and stir continuously until you get a thick tomato sauce. Let it simmer for 10-12 minutes and then set aside
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Warm the red lentil tortillas in a pan
- Pan fry three eggs separately
- Plate the tacos. Start with a tortilla then add some tomato mix. Put some kidney beans on the tomato sauce and sprinkle some slices of red onion and scallion on top
- Put a fried egg on the taco
- Decorate with the feta cheese and you are ready to serve
Calories: 254; Fat: 12.3g; Carbs: 24.6g; Protein: 13.7g;