How to make crazy good keto fried rice that is just as good as Asian fried rice?
This cauliflower rice recipe will show you how easy it is and that everybody can make it. So if you are looking for a low carb rice recipe this is definitely for you as it is such a great substitute for regular fried rice. Are you ready to learn how to make crazy good keto fried rice? Let’s get started!
I do not know about you but when I return from a vacation I avoid the scales like the plague afraid of what it will tell me.
As I’m not a fan of a diet I try to just eat healthy and conscious and keep track of all the things I put in my mouth.
If after a holiday I feel the need to shed some pounds I always resort to low carb eating. As this the fastest way to get results. Low carb has been around for a long time.
In the late eighties, low carb was introduced by Michel Montignac. All potatoes, bread, rice and high fiber vegetables like legumes and beans were removed from our daily diet.
However meat, fish, poultry, eggs but also fat sauces were more than welcome on it. Low carb really works well for me.
However, I have a hard time removing rice from my daily diet. It is one of the things we eat daily whether it is white rice or fried rice.
If you are like me and like rice or fried rice a lot there is, fortunately, a very good alternative.
To be sure you can still enjoy rice as much as you like this recipe will give a lot of your options. The answer is to make this keto fried rice.
Keto fried rice ingredients
Low carb keto fried rice or cauliflower fried rice requires a number of ingredients. Here you can find the shopping list:
- bell pepper
- soy sauce
- chili pepper optional
How to make keto fried rice
To make low carb fried rice you can’t use any of the regular rice as it has a lot of starch and as a result a lot of carbohydrates.
A great substitute for regular rice is cauliflower. It has no starch, hardly any carbohydrates and can be turned into rice in seconds.
Just as with these cauliflower tortillas.
Wash the cauliflower and cut the florets. Then grate the florets either by a hand grater or using a food processor.
I prefer the food processor as you only need to pulse it a couple of time until you cauliflower turned into white rice. Set aside.
Heat a frying pan, wok or skillet with oil and pan-fry your minced bell pepper, onion and garlic until translucent.
Optionally you can add some minced chili pepper when you like some heat. Then add the grated cauliflower rice and stir it through the onion, bell pepper mix.
Either use a separate pan or make room for your eggs in the wok or skillet. Whisk the eggs and turn them into scrambled eggs and stir them through the cauliflower rice as well.
Now add some soy sauce and make sure the rice is covered by the soy sauce. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes then decorate with sliced scallions. Ready to serve.
Low carb rice tips
There are a number of things you can do with cauliflower rice:
- Do not grate the cauliflower to finely as it will turn into a puree instead of rice. You still want the definition of rice. So when using a food processor only pulse for a couple of time and check the result.
- Do not use additional water when pan frying the rice this will make the cauliflower rice go soft
- Do not overcook the rice as the water in the cauliflower will make the rice go soft and soggy
- You can make Mexican rice with cauliflower rice. First, put all the ingredients together and make sure most of the liquid has evaporated before you add your rice as mentioned above. You do not want to let you cauliflower rice go soggy.
- If you make more (fried) rice you can freeze the remaining rice is a plastic container or ziplock bag
- You can reheat the low carb rice in a wok or frying pan with some oil
Low carb rice recipe options
What more can you add to your low carb keto rice:
- Shrimp – are a great addition to this recipe
- Mushrooms – are also a great vegetable to add. As it contains a lot of moisture make sure you first pan fry them until dry before you add the rice
- Chicken or beef – goes great in this recipe. Prepare first in a separate pan with a little moisture then prepare your rice as described
- Taugé – is also an addition that you can add. Put it in at the last minute raw and stir through your fried rice
- Sriracha sauce – is also a great addition to this low carb keto rice
Other low carb dinner dishes
If you like this low carb dish you can find more recipes here:
- Keto tortillas – soft cauliflower tortillas
- Fresh fish with keto tacos – low carb recipe with fish and tacos
See how to make low carb keto fried rice
Want to see how you can make low carb keto fried rice? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this low carb keto fried rice recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
How to make crazy good keto fried rice that is just as good as Asian fried rice? This cauliflower rice recipe will show you how easy it is and that everybody can make it. So if you are looking for a low carb rice recipe this is definitely for you as it is such a great substitute for regular fried rice.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 scallion
- Cut the florets from the caulifower and grate into fine white cauliflower rice. Set aside
- Heat a frying pan, wok or skillet with oil and pan fry your minced bell pepper, onion and garlic until translucent
- Add the grated cauliflower rice and stir it through the onion, bell pepper mix
- Whisk the eggs and make scrambled eggs
- Stir the scrambled eggs through the cauliflower rice as well
- Then add the soy sauce and make sure the rice is covered by the soy sauce
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes then decorate with sliced scallions. Ready to serve
Optionally you can add some minced chili pepper when you like some heat.
Calories: 83; Fat: 2.4g; Carbs: 11.5g; Protein: 5.5g