Korean egg roll omelette is a great side dish with lots of finely chopped vegetables. Let it cook on low heat and eat it as a bite-size snack!
This recipe is done in no time. So what are you waiting for? Ready to learn how you can make Korean egg roll omelette? Let’s get started!
You may think that an omelette is, an omelette, is an omelette but that is not always the case. This Korean egg roll is an omelette also know as Gyeran mari as they say in Korea.
This egg roll Korean style is an egg rolled omelette and eaten as a savoury side dish. It is made with lots of finely chopped vegetables and you can compare it with:
- Japanese egg nigiri sushi – especially if you use gim/seaweed
- Italian Frittata – an egg omelette recipe filled with lots of vegetables and cheese
- French omelette
In Korea, you can eat this egg rolled omelette as a side dish at street stalls. There are lots of ingredients you can use to customize your egg roll.
Read on and you will see more options that you can add to your Korean rolled omelette. Besides this being a great side dish this recipe is also low carb and fits perfectly in a low carb or Keto diet.
Korean egg roll ingredients
To make this omelette recipe you need a handful of ingredients. Make sure you have the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
How to make Korean egg roll
Start with thinly slicing your carrot and scallion. Also finely chop the onion. Then crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk ferociously. Take a strainer and sift the eggs to remove chalaza.
Add the carrots, onions and scallion. Mix before you add the almond milk. Stir again and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir again to combine all the ingredients.
Take cooking spray and grease your (non-stick) skillet. Take a sauce spoon and fill the pan with egg mixture and let it cook over low heat. As soon as the egg is dry roll the omelette about a third of the way.
Slide the omelette to the middle of the pan and pour more egg mixture to the left of the pan. Let the egg cook again on low heat and repeat the rolling and sliding the egg to the middle.
You can repeat this procedure about 3 to 4 times. When the egg mixture is in the pan roll up the egg all the way.
Take the rolled omelette out of the pan. As the egg is cooked over low heat it will not be really hot. If your egg roll is hot, let it cool before you slice it in 1-inch rolls.
Put on a plate and serve.
Egg roll ingredient options
Besides the ingredients mentioned above, you have lots of options you can add to this Korean egg rolled omelette:
- Bell pepper
See how to make Korean egg roll
Want to see how you can make Korean egg roll at home? Watch the video instruction below and follow along:
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Have fun with this Korean egg roll recipe! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Great side dish this Korean egg roll omelette with lots of finely chopped vegetables. Let it cook on low heat and eat it as bite size snack. Video included!
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green part of spring onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- Finely chop the vegetables
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and sift the eggs using a strain to remove chalaza
- Add the carrots, onions and scallion to the bowl. Mix before you add the almond milk. Stir again and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and brush pan with cooking spray
- Take a sauce spoon and fill the pan with egg mixture and let it cook over low heat. As soon as the egg is dry roll the omelette about a third of the way
- Slide the omelette to the middle of the pan and pour more egg mixture to the left of the pan. Let the egg cook again on low heat and repeat the rolling and sliding the egg to the middle
- You can repeat this procedure about 3 to 4 times. When the egg mixture is in the pan roll up the egg all the way.
- Take rolled omelette out of the pan and slice the rolled omelette in 1 inch rolls
- Put on a plate and serve
As the egg is cooked over low heat it will not be really hot. If you egg roll is hot let it cool
Calories: 117; Fat: 8.4g; Carbs: 2.3g; Protein: 8.7g