Latte macchiato is like a treat with warm milk and the best espresso. Today we are making a latte macchiato that is vegan. Want to learn how you can make the best latte macchiato coffee? Lets get started!
Latte macchiato literally means milk with spots because macchiato is spots in Italian. Southern Europe is famous for the coffee specialities. With Italy and Spain as the most front runners when it comes to coffee variations:
- Latte or cafe con leche – with this coffee variations the focus is on the coffee and milk is added to the coffee
- Caffè macchiato – with this coffee variations it is important to notice that you get an espresso with a splash of milk and milk foam
- Latte macchiato – this coffee variation is all about the milk. The milk is frothed into milk foam and the espresso is added to the milk. This causes the spot in the coffee
- Cappuccino – contains about 1/3 frothed milk that is added to the coffee on top of the coffee
- Cortado – this is the Spanish version of caffè macchiato that is served in a glas with a caffe solo, strong Spanish coffee like an espresso with milk
- Cortado largo – The big version of the cortado with a double caffe solo and frothed milk on top
So if you are a lover of good coffee todays recipe is for you and if you are vegan or lactose intolerant you are also able to drink this vegan latte macchiato.
Latte macchiato ingredients
This vegan latte macchiato is made with just two ingredients:
- Almond milk
How to make latte macchiato
To make this recipe you need to warm the milk. When you make a latte macchiato with regular milk it works best with full fat milk.
When you froth full fat milk it will get thick and dense. But even though almond milk is not that fat as full fat milk you will still get enough milk foam.
You can froth milk with:
- Steamer – the steamer in the coffee machine
- Pan – in a pan and a flat strainer. Whisk the strainer in the milk
It is important to know that when you froth the milk with the steamer in your coffee machine that you do not let the milk cook. When you dip the steamer pipe in the milk no more than half an inch.
Warm the milk and keep on turning the glass until you have thick milk foam. Do not let the milk cook. Take a strong espresso and pour it into the milk.
A brown spot will become visible in the middle of the milk. Drink immediately.
Non dairy milk options
In this recipe I used almond mil but you can use other milk options like:
- Regular soy milk
- Oats milk
- Rice milk
- Cashew milk
Be aware that the more flavor the milk has the more impact this will have on your coffee.
Other coffee recipes
If you like this latte macchiato then you will love these coffee recipes:
Have fun with this latte macchiato coffee recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Today we are sharing how you can make latte macchiato even if you are vegan or lactose intolerant. It is so easy to make so lets get started.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 strong espresso
- Pour the almond milk in a glass and dip the steamer pipe in the milk no more than half an inch
- Warm the milk and keep on turning the glass until you have thick milk foam. Do not let the milk cook.
- Make a strong espresso and pour it into the milk
Calories: 36; Fat: 3g; Carbs: 1.5g; Protein: 1g;