If you love shrimp then this lemon garlic shrimp recipe is just for you
Great for dinner and on the table in a flash. So when you are stressed for time and want to eat something great try it. Are you ready to learn how to make easy lemon garlic shrimp? Let’s get started!
This is one of those easy shrimp dishes. Just like this shrimp and asparagus recipe, it is great for fast and easy weeknights dinners.
Give them some extra flavor with garlic, red peppers or sweet soy sauce. If possible try to devein as it doesn’t look really appetizing if you see a black line on the back of the gamba.
Wash them in cold water and pat dry before cooking or boiling. Never overcook because you will end up with rubbery shrimp.
How to make lemon garlic shrimp
To make the best garlic lemon shrimp you need a couple of ingredients. Put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Big shrimp
- Onion diced
- Salt and pepper
- White wine (optional)
What to serve with lemon garlic shrimp
To make this lemon garlic prawns recipe start with finely chopping the onion and garlic. Set aside.
Then clean the shrimp, first devein them and then wash the prawns with cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper and set aside as well.
Preheat a skillet or pan to medium, high heat and add a nob of butter when the butter has melted add the onion and sautee by stirring it around the pan.
Keep stirring until the onion is soft and translucent. Then add the garlic and keep on stirring. This will take a couple of minutes.
Now add the shrimp and continue stirring them in the pan. The gambas will rapidly change color and turn bright pink.
This will also take no more than a couple of minutes. To finish it all off you can add some white wine and get all the baking bits from the bottom of the pan.
If you do not like wine in your cooking just adds some water that will do the trick as well. Finally, add a couple of slices of lemon and let it warm through.
Your lemon garlic butter shrimp recipe is ready to serve.
Serve garlic butter shrimp with
You can serve these garlic butter shrimp with a lot of great side dishes, like:
- Tex Mex rice – a one-pot recipe that you can put together while you are preparing your prawns
- Mexican potatoes – these potatoes are super tasty and seasoned with some great taco seasoning
- Homemade crunchy taco shells – make corn tacos and bake crunchy in the oven
- Mexican street fries – another great oven-baked recipe also seasoned and then they turn into crispy fries
More prawn recipes
If you love shrimp we have some lovely recipes for you. Take a look at these recipes
- Shrimp salad
- Easy prawn taquitos
- Asparagus and shrimp tacos
- Shrimp croquettes
- Cod and shrimp tacos
- Quick and easy shrimp tacos
I hope you love this shrimp recipe as much as I do have. Have fun making lemon and garlic shrimp!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the best lemon garlic shrimp you ever tried? Take a look at this easy prawn recipe. Great for a fast weeknight dinner.
- 1 cup big shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Set aside
- Then clean the shrimp. First devein, then wash the prawns with cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper and set aside as well
- Preheat skillet to medium-high heat. Add the butter when melted add the onion and stir until the onion is soft and translucent. Then add the garlic and keep on stirring. This will take a couple of minutes
- Add the shrimp and continue stirring them in the pan. They will rapidly change color and turn bright pink
- Then add the white wine or water to get all the baking bits from the bottom of the pan
- Now add a couple of slices of lemon and let it warm through
- Ready to serve.
Calories: 226; Fat: 12g; Carbs: 6g; Protein: 12.5g;