These Chinese steam buns are great to eat with spicy pork recipe. This is great to eat as an appetizer or as Dim Sum
Today you can see how to make easy Chinese steamed buns recipe because it is an absolute must in this recipe. Want to learn how to make easy Chinese steamed buns? Let’s get started!
If you ever been in a good size Toko you will be blown away with the huge number of products you can get there.
I’m not the biggest grocery shopper but grocery shopping in a Toko is something I really enjoy.
Walking around all the isles and looking at all of the products trying to discover new ingredients to cook with is something I really enjoy.
What makes this recipe so unique is that this dough is baked in a steamer instead of an oven. With the warm air, the dough will rise and get nice and fluffy.
To make sure it gets this fluffy you need to knead the dough for at least 8 minutes and get all the gluten going.
Chinese steamed buns ingredients
To make this recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Active dry yeast
- (soy) milk
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vegetable butter
- Vegetable oil
How to make Chinese steamed buns
You can make it with a mixer but as mine is not strong enough I used my trusted kitchen machine.
After all the ingredients have been thoroughly combined knead the dough a couple of minutes by hand. Then let the dough proof for at least an hour and let is double in size.
Then roll the dough into a big square and take 3,5-inch circles and cut out the buns. Cover cut out dough circles it with plastic foil to let it proof for an additional 30 minutes.
If you do not have a cooking ring take an empty can. It has the size you need to cut out the buns.
Put some baking paper in the steamer and steam about 5 buns at once. If you have a bigger steamer you can add more buns.
Close the lid and steam the buns for 5 minutes. It is just like magic when you open the lid and see these Chinese buns that are soft and fluffy and airy.
Open the bun and fill with spicy soy pork and decorate with spring onion and chili pepper. You will love it I promise and you can fill it with meat, poultry or vegetable fillings.
See how to make easy Chinese steamed buns
Want to see how to make easy Chinese steamed buns? Watch the food inspiration video below:
Have fun with this how to make easy Chinese steamed buns recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Making dough and using a steamer you get amazing Chinese buns. Want to know how you can make easy steamed Chinese buns. Lets get started!
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup (soy) milk (175ml)
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ tablespoon vegetable butter, at room temperature
- Vegetable oil for oiling bowl, brushing bun dough
- Warm the vegetable butter and dissolve the yeast into the warm butter and milk.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt to taste
- Pour butter and milk mixture into a kitchen machine. Add a couple tbsp. of flour
- Mix and add all of the flour mix. Knead for at least 8 minutes and 2 minutes by hand
- Let the dough proof for at least 60 minutes or until doubled in size
- Roll the dough and cut 3,5 inch circles and fold into tacos. Press the end of the folded taco with a rolling pin
- Proof for another 30 minutes
- Heat water. Put buns in the steamer and steam for 5 minutes
- Ready to fill with spicy soy pork and serve
Calories: 135; Fat: 4.9g; Carbs: 20.3g; Protein: 4.5g;