We are making the best nacho dip and serve with homemade tortilla chips or lentils nachos.
Well, this dip does not only makes nachos taste better it makes every crunchy snack tastes better. No, this dip can stand on its own two feet and it just tastes so good. So are you ready to learn how you can make this easy nacho dip sauce? Let’s get started!
Nacho dip is usually made with cheese for the flavor and the consistency. This dip is all vegetables but still has the texture of cheese.
To get this cheesy texture you need a starchy potato and nutritional yeast. Hot potatoes blended into a mash look like soft cheese.
The nutritional yeast gives you dip a cheesy, nutty flavor and there you have a tasty vegan dip. Really try it and you will love it.
This dip is savory and spicy and creamy and yum. This recipe doesn’t contain any cashew.
You can also eat this as a crudités a French hors d’oeuvre of raw vegetable that you can dip into this delicious dip.
Take vegetables like carrots and cucumbers and first peel them. Then cut it lengthways and cut it into thin strips.
Serve as an appetizer and dip in your dip.
Nacho dip ingredients
To make this dip recipe you only need 7 ingredients. Make certain you have the following ingredients available:
- Boiled potatoes
- Boiled carrots
- Nutritional yeast
- tomato paste
- Arrowroot starch
- Garlic powder
How to make nacho dip
To make this recipe start with peeling the potatoes and carrot. Cut the potatoes and carrots into small dices.
Put them in a pot with and boiling water and boil the diced potatoes no longer than 10 minutes. This to prevent the potatoes from getting to starchy.
Boil the carrots in about 8 minutes soft. Carrots take less time to get soft. Then take your blender out.
Put the potatoes and carrots into the blender. Add the nutritional yeast, tomato paste, arrowroot starch, and garlic powder.
Blend on low speed first to combine the ingredients. Then increase the speed to high to get a smooth dip
If the dip is to thick add 1 or 2 tbsp of hot water and stir thoroughly. Serve immediately
- Make sure the potatoes and carrots are warm this will make it easier for the ingredients to combine. Serve when hot or reheat after the dip is done
- If the nacho dip is to thick just add a tablespoon of hot water and stir through. Now your dip is ready to serve
Store the dip
There are a number of ways to store this dip:
- The best way to store the dip is to keep it in the fridge. Put it in a ceramic or plastic container and cover the dip.
- Freeze the dip in a freezer safe container. You can keep it for about 2 months.
Other easy nacho dip recipes
Besides this easy nacho dip you can serve one or more of the following easy dips as well:
- Delicious Healthy Guacamole
- Smooth Spicy roasted tomato Salsa
- Spicy black bean salsa
- Simple sensational and easy peanut salsa
See how to make nacho dip
Want to know how you can make this nacho dip? Watch the instruction video below:
I hope you enjoyed this easy vegan nacho dip recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
How to make nacho dip recipe is an easy to make dip. Made with only vegetables. Ready to learn how? Try it you will love it.
- 1 cup of boiled diced potatoes
- ½ cup of boiled carrots
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Optional 1 or 2 tbsp of hot water
- Boil diced potatoes no longer than 10 minutes almost done to prevent them from getting to starchy.
- Boil carrots in about 8 minutes soft
- Put into the blender
- Add the nutritional yeast, tomato paste, arrowroot starch and garlic powder
- Blend on low first to combine the ingredients, increase to get a smooth dip
- If the dip is to thick add 1 or 2 tbsp of hot water and stir thoroughly.
- Serve immediately
Calories: 37; Fat: 0.1g; Carbs: 8.3g; Protein: 1.1g;