A delicious Mexican burger recipe that is what is on the menu today. Served on a Turkish pide bun. A burger you have to try!
Made with the best seasoning to give this burger the most amazing flavor. Want to try this Mexican burger yourself? Let’s get started!
If you are the kind of person that fires up the barbecue any chance you get or heat a skillet because you love burger than this recipe is for you.
A little different than your regular American burger but if you are a beef lover I’m certain that you will put this recipe on your favorites list.
Making a good burger requires some skill whether you are making an American burger or a multi-flavor multi-layer Mexican burger.
In all cases, you need good ingredients like quality beef, fresh vegetables, and bread. To give the beef the best taste possible use some delicious seasoning.
In this Mexican burger, for example, I used homemade taco seasoning but you can use chili powder or enchilada seasoning as well.
You further need a bbq or a properly seasoned cast iron skillet to bake your burger. You hardly need a baking product because the burger contains lots of fat already that will melt in the pan.
An important rule to adhere to is, to not overheat the pan. All the water in the burger will evaporate too quickly resulting in a dry and shrunk burger. Give your burger time to cook.
To get the best result give the burgers time to cook and they will be tender and soft. When that is the case you can stack this burger to your heart’s desire.
The ingredients below are some of my favorites but do not let that stop you from making your Mexican burger with all your favorite ingredients and toppings.
Mexican burger ingredients
To make this easy burger recipe make sure you have the following ingredients on your list:
- Ground beef
- White onion
- Streaky bacon
- Smooth spicy roasted tomato salsa
- Taco seasoning
How to make a Mexican burger
The most important part of this recipe is the burger. Take the ground beef and add a tablespoon of homemade taco seasoning.
Knead the seasoning through the beef and add another tablespoon of taco seasoning and repeat the kneading. Make two beef patties and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃ to warm the buns. Slice the onions in thin rings. Heat a skillet and bake the hamburger in the skillet between 5 to 10 minutes.
This depends on how well done you like your burger. Move the Mexican burgers in the pan to the side and pan fry the streaky bacon in 2 minutes.
Take the bacon out of the skillet and set aside.
Put the onion rings in the pan and constantly move it around until they are soft and translucent. Warm the buns in the oven in 5 minutes. Take a second pan and fry both eggs.
When the burgers are done slice the buns in half and put 2 tbsp of hummus (preferably homemade) on the bun. Put the burger on top of the hummus.
Fry the eggs and put them on top of the beef patty to complete this burger. Make the burger complete with a large tablespoon of salsa. Your Mexican burger is ready to serve.
Mexican burger ingredient options
You have many options to add other ingredients to your Mexican burger:
- Chili powder – substitute the taco seasoning in the recipe for chili powder
- Black bean salsa – you can either some of this salsa on top of the hummus or use it as a substitute
- Tomatoes – roast some slices tomato in the oven and put them on the onion rings
- Cheese – turn your Mexican burger into a cheeseburger by adding some (Mexican) on top of the burger. Put it under the grill to let the cheese melt.
- Jalapeño – want more spice add some Jalapeño to the salsa or bake it the onion rings
More hamburger recipes
If you love burgers than you take a look at these recipes as well:
- BBQ wrap burger – a delicious recipe with a chicken burger and wrap
- Tortilla burger – a beef burger in a homemade tortilla flatbread
- Falafel burger – want to try something vegan than this falafel burger is a great burger recipe
- Grilled hamburgers – a real classic with lettuce, onion and tomatoes. The ultimate fast food.
See how to make a barbecue burger
This Mexican burger is made in a skillet but in the video below you can see how easy it is to make a burger on the barbecue.
Have fun with this Mexican burger recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This delicious Mexican burger is a great dinner recipe. Made with the best ground beef, homemade taco seasoning and a variety of other ingredients.
- 250 gram ground beef
- 2 Buns
- 1 white onion sliced in rings
- 2 slices pickle
- 4 tbsp Hummus
- 4 slices Streaky bacon
- 2 Eggs
- Smooth spicy roasted tomato salsa
- 2-3 tbsp taco seasoning
- Season the beef with 1½ tbsp taco seasoning. Knead thoroughly and shape into a hamburger patty
- Slice the onions in thin rings. Heat skillet and bake the hamburger in the skillet until well done in 10 minutes. Move to the side and pan fry the streaky bacon in 2 minutes take out of the skillet and set aside
- Put the onion rings in the pan and constantly move it around
- Pre heat the oven to 400℉/200℃ to warm the buns in the oven for 5 minutes
- Fry the eggs
- When the burgers are done slice the buns in half and put 2 tbsp of hummus on the bun. Put the burger on top. Then add half of the onion rings, a slice of pickle, 2 slices of bacon, a tbsp of guacamole and finally the fried egg
- Make the burger complete with a large tablespoon of salsa
- Ready to serve
Calories: 884; Fat: 47g; Carbs: 36.8g; Protein: 75.8g;