Mexican chicken marinade is seriously the most delicious chicken you have ever tasted. It is perfect for your chicken tacos or chicken wrap.
The best part of this recipe is that it is an easy and fast recipe to make. Try it once and you will make it over and over again. Are you ready to learn how you can make the best Mexican chicken marinade? Lets get started!
This is one of those recipes that you want to have in your fridge or freezer when you do not have a lot of time to prepare dinner but still want to eat something yummy.
It is really easy to make a double batch and freeze half of it for that week night when you are stressed for time.
If you make this marinade all it takes is 15 minutes of fridge and you are ready to get started. I usually make the chicken marinade with chicken thighs because they have a little more fat than chicken breast.
However chicken breast work just nicely as well. You can eat is as a whole, slice it in small strips or dice it up. Especially if you are making tacos the diced chicken is perfect.
This chicken recipe is lean and fits perfectly in a Keto or low carb diet. As long as you do not eat it with flour tortillas you are good to go.
Mexican chicken marinade ingredients
If you want to make this chicken marinade recipe use the following ingredients:
- Mexican seasoning
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Chicken thighs or chicken breast
How to make Mexican chicken marinade
When you make marinaded chicken start with cleaning the chicken. Wash it with cold water and cut away the fat of the chicken.
Combine the Mexican seasoning with olive oil and finely chopped garlic and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. The lemon juice neutralises the chicken and gives it a fresh and crispy taste.
Add the marinade to the chicken thighs and put it in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes. You can leave it over night if you want but I find that the marinade does its work after 15 minutes.
Heat a cast iron skillet to high heat. When the skillet is hot add a little bit of olive to the pan. Add the chicken thighs in the pan.
Leave the chicken for a couple of minutes. Resist the urge to move the thighs in the pan. The chicken will release after a couple of minutes. You can reduce the heat if the chicken is cooked to fast.
Turn the chicken and pan fry the other side as well. After the initial 5 minutes turn the chicken thighs regularly so they get an even brown color.
Bake the chicken about 7-9 minutes per side. Add a little water to let all the cooked bit in the skillet release.
You can either slice the chicken or dice it and serve it with your favorite taco, fajitas or wrap recipe.
Store marinaded Mexican chicken
You can make Mexican chicken marinade ahead of time and use it later:
- If you are going to eat the chicken within two days you can store your chicken in the fridge. Make sure you chicken has cooled first before you put it in the fridge.
- You can also freeze this Mexican chicken. Leave it as a whole or dice it up and put it in a container. Thaw before using and warm it in the pan or oven.
Other chicken recipe
If you are looking for more delicious chicken recipes take a look at these recipes:
- Oven baked sticky BBQ chicken – when you want to eat barbecue chicken but do not want to fire up the grill then try this recipe
- Slow cooker whole chicken – great Crock pot recipe that gives you fall of the bone delicious chicken
- Chicken pesto – another great chicken recipe out of the oven make with homemade pesto
- Honey garlic chicken – a super fast recipe, easy, simple and done in no time. This is an amazing chicken recipe
- Chicken tinga – a little spice and shredded meat make this chicken tinga and eat with as a taco
- Crock pot chicken carnitas – A super fast recipe in the Crock pot Express put it under the broiler to get crispy chicken carnitas
- Oven baked chicken shawarma – make this recipe with yoghurt and shawarma seasoning
- Chicken quesadillas – way less calories then the pan fried version. This quesadilla is super delicious
Have fun with this Mexican chicken marinade recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Looking for the best Mexican chicken marinade? Then try this recipe. It is easy to make, simple and fast. Just 4 ingredients for delicious chicken marinade
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- Clean chicken thighs with cold water and remove excess fat
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, Mexican seasoning, lemon juice and garlic in a small mixing bowl. Add to the chicken thighs and combine so all the chicken is covered
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes
- Heat cast iron skillet and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the chicken and let it set for a couple of minutes
- Wait until the chicken is released before moving it in the pan
- Turn and cook the other side as well. Now turn the chicken regularly for 7-9 minutes per side
- Add a little bit of water to release all the baked bit in the skillet. Either slice or dice the chicken
Calories: 290; Fat: 15g; Carbs: 2.8g; Protein: 33g;