Fill them with the best-spiced rice and put them in the oven so you get tasty Mexican stuffed peppers!
Spiced with the most delicious homemade taco seasoning this recipe is on the table in no time. Ready to learn how to make Mexican stuffed peppers? Let’s get started!
Stuffed peppers can be made in the oven, in an Instant pot or Crockpot. The result is the same because you will get a tasty dinner.
Use rainbow peppers so you get a color dinner recipe which is a feast to serve. I love how with fresh ingredients you get so much color in your recipes.
You can either boil the bell peppers for 5 minutes or use them uncooked. When you use them cooked the stuffed peppers will be really soft.
Mexican stuffed peppers ingredients
To make this bell peppers recipe you need a couple of ingredients on your grocery list. Make certain you have the following ingredients ready:
- Bell peppers
- Lean ground beef
- Long grain white rice
- Small onion
- Roma tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- Taco seasoning
- Tomato paste
- Parmesan cheese
How to make stuffed peppers
Preheat a skillet on medium to high heat and add the ground beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon and brown the beef.
Finely dice the onion and garlic and add it to the ground beef. Stir until the onion is soft and translucent.
Dice the Roma tomatoes as well and add to the beef mixture. Stir before you add the tomato paste and taco seasoning.
Now reduce the heat to a low simmer and add the long grain rice. Stir it through the beef and add the chicken broth.
Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃ while you let the rice cook for 10 minutes until all the broth is absorbed by the rice.
Take the bell pepper and cut the top off. Deseed if necessary. Scoop the rice in the bell pepper and put the tops back on the peppers.
Put the filled bell peppers in a glass oven dish. Cover the oven dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
Remove the foil, take the tops of the peppers of and top with parmesan cheese.
Bake the stuffed peppers for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Your stuffed peppers are ready to serve. Eat with what is left of the rice.
Stuffed peppers in the Crockpot
If you want to make this stuffed in a Crockpot you can follow the recipe. Instead of putting the peppers in an oven dish you put them in the Crockpot.
Close the lid and set the slow cooker to HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
You can easily adjust the stuffed peppers filling. Either substitute ingredients or add as a topping. Think about these options:
I hope you have fun with Mexican stuffed peppers recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for an easy Mexican stuffed peppers recipe that you can make in the oven but that you can also make in a slow cooker
- 3 bell peppers red, green, yellow or orange
- 200-gram lean ground beef
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 small onion diced
- 10 diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1½ cups shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat a skillet on medium to high heat. Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Brown the beef
- Finely dice the onion and garlic and add it to the ground beef. Stir until the onion is soft and translucent
- Dice Roma tomatoes and add to the beef mixture. Stir before you add the tomato paste and taco seasoning
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and add long grain rice. Stir through the beef and add the chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃
- Let the rice cook for 10 minutes until all the broth is absorbed by the rice. Cut top off the bell pepper. Deseed if necessary
- Scoop the rice in the bell pepper and put the tops back on the peppers.
- Put the filled bell peppers in a glass oven dish. Cover the oven dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil.
- Take the tops of the peppers of and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake the stuffed peppers for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Ready to serve.
Calories: 391; Fat: 9.4g; Carbs: 44.2g; Protein: 33.5g;