Looking for a quick and easy party canapé? Something different than your normal cracker with a topping that you can serve your guests on Christmas, New Years eve or a birthday party? Than this is the recipe for you. All you need is a couple of tortillas, shrimp and some vegetables and an oven. Want to learn how you can make these fancy mini party tacos shrimp canapés? Lets get started!
In the past I showed you how to easily make crunchy tacos which were made from corn tortillas. Todays tacos are made with soft flour tortillas. If you like corn tortillas better just substitute them in this recipe but flour tortillas work just fine as I will show you.
You need a ring to cut the tortilla’s with. I use an empty can with has the perfect size for these adorable tacos. I used the following ingredients in this recipe:
- cooking spray
- bell pepper
- large shrimp
- North sea shrimp (or Dutch shrimp as we call them here)
To shape the circles into tacos you first brush them with water then put them in the microwave for 20 seconds. Then brush them with cooking spray or oil and fold hem over a oven rack so they can hang down. In the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes.
The North sea shrimp can go inside the tacos without anything else. They have such a great flavor that they do not need anything else. For the large shrimp I pan fried the bell peppers, onion and tomatoes and set this aside before pan frying the shrimp itself.
You can either fill the tacos up front or let your guest do this themselves. You can mix it up with e.g. some tuna or shredded chicken for more variations. Now you are ready to take a bite!!!
More easy party snack recipes
Looking for more snack recipes you can make for your party? Then have a look at these easy snack recipes:
- Tasty tortilla pizza snack
- Tapenade prosciutto pinwheels
- Easy turkey ranch tortilla pinwheels
- Savory Fried Shrimp Cakes Tortillitas de Camarones
- Tempting Spanish tortilla tapas pinchos
How to make mini party tacos shrimp canapés
Want to know how you can make mini party tacos shrimp canapés? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video below:
Have fun with this ultra easy mini party tacos shrimp canapés recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
I love comments so let me know your thoughts on these super cute mini party tacos shrimp canapés in the comment box below.
All you need is tortillas, shrimp and vegetables and an oven. Want to learn how you can make these fancy mini party tacos shrimp canapés? Lets get started!
- 4 soft medium tortillas
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in 4
- half cup of North Sea shrimp
- half cup of large shrimp chopped
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven at 350 ℉/ 175℃
- Use a cutting ring or empty can to cut 4 circles from a tortilla
- Brush with water on both sides and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds
- Spray with cooking spray, fold and put on a oven rack
- Bake in the oven between 5 to 7 minutes
- Warm the oil and sauté the chopped bell pepper, onion and tomatoes. Set aside
- Warm the pan again really hot and saute the chopped shrimp for less then 1 minute. Set aside as well
- Take a mini taco and fill with North Sea shrimps put on a plate
- Take a mini taco and fill with the pan fried vegetables and some large shrimp
Calories: 56; Fat: 2.5g; Carbs: 7.4g; Protein: 1.5g