Looking for a quick and easy party appetizer or canapé? These mini shrimp tacos are a great appetizer
All you need is a couple of flour tortillas, shrimp, some vegetables and an oven. Want to learn how you can make these fancy mini shrimp tacos bites? Let’s get started!
These bites are great as a snack or as an appetizer to serve for your next party. It is such an easy recipe to make.
The appetizers are made with soft flour tortillas if you are gluten intolerant you can use corn tortillas as a substitute.
You also need a cooking ring to cut the tortillas into small tortillas for your tacos. You can use an empty vegetable can with has the perfect size for these adorable tacos.
Shrimp taco bites ingredients
To make this party bites you need a number of ingredients. Have the following ingredients available when you want to make this recipe:
- Flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Bell pepper
- Large shrimp
- North sea shrimp (or Dutch shrimp as we call them here)
How to make mini shrimp tacos
To shape the circles into tacos you first brush them with water then put them in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Then brush the tortillas with cooking spray or oil and fold them an put on an oven rack so they can hang down.
Preheat oven at 350 ℉/ 175℃ and but the tortillas in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
Take out of the oven and put the North sea shrimp inside the mini tacos without anything else. They have such a great flavor that they do not need anything else.
Prepare big shrimp
Cut the bell peppers, onion, and tomatoes. Preheat a skillet and pan fry the bell peppers, onion, and tomatoes until soft and translucent.
Take out of the pan. Add some oil to the pan and warm the shrimp in the skillet in a couple of minutes.
Do not leave the shrimp in the pan too long else they will go chewy which you do not want with shrimp.
You can either fill the tacos up front or let your guest do this themselves. Now appetizers are ready to serve!
More filling options
Instead of filling the mini tacos with shrimp or prawns you can mix it up with these ingredients options:
More easy party snack recipes
Looking for more snack recipes you can make for your party? Then have a look at these easy snack recipes:
- Tasty tortilla pizza snack
- Tapenade prosciutto pinwheels
- Easy turkey ranch tortilla pinwheels
- Savory Fried Shrimp Cakes Tortillitas de Camarones
- Tempting Spanish tortilla tapas pinchos
See how to make mini shrimp tacos
Want to know how you can make party shrimp taco canapés? Watch the recipe instruction so you can follow along and make these snack at home.
Have fun with this ultra-easy mini party tacos shrimp canapés recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
All you need is tortillas, shrimp and vegetables and an oven. Want to learn how you can make these fancy mini party shrimp tacos canapés?
- 4 soft medium tortillas
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in 4
- half cup of North Sea shrimp
- half cup of large shrimp chopped
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven at 350 ℉/ 175℃
- Use a cutting ring or empty can to cut 4 circles from a tortilla
- Brush with water on both sides and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds
- Spray with cooking spray, fold and put on an oven rack
- Bake in the oven between 5 to 7 minutes
- Warm the oil and sauté the chopped bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes. Set aside
- Warm the pan again really hot and saute the chopped shrimp for less than 1 minute. Set aside as well
- Take a mini taco and fill with North Sea shrimps put on a plate
- Take a mini taco and fill with the pan-fried vegetables and some large shrimp
Calories: 56; Fat: 2.5g; Carbs: 7.4g; Protein: 1.5g