Easy nice cream that will not make you feel guilty. You probably reading this thinking, yeah right do you belief it yourself? Yes I do because I tried it and know how low in calories this dessert is. Want to know how you can make this easy nice cream? Lets get started!
Doesn’t food taste even better knowing you do not have to worry about the calories? When you can eat all you want?
Well if you are a dessert lover you now have found that kind of recipe. Because this nice cream has the structure, the taste, the creaminess but not the calories of ice cream.
In fact this is a vegan recipe. No dairy required. The main ingredient is banana and you would not believe what happens with a banana when freeze it and put it in a kitchen machine. It is like magic no kidding.
Besides you do not need an ice cream maker. You do not need a lot of time to make this recipe.
So here you have a vegan, no churn, nice cream that is only 130 calories for three scoops. Can you believe it?
Once you put a spoon in that creamy, soft texture I’m convinced you will believe me. No reason to ever go and buy it in the store ever again.
No reason to get the same flavor over and over because you will have a million options, which I will show you as well.
You can eat this recipe on any occasion in the Summer to cool down, after a dinner party like Thanksgiving or as Christmas dessert.
With this calorie count you can eat this dessert and not feel guilty. How good is that?
Nice cream ingredients
If you want to make this recipe get your shopping list out and put the following items on it:
- Protein powder
- Pistachio nuts
That is all you need and a freezer. Nothing else.
How to make nice cream
To make this delicious dessert start with your bananas. You have to cut them in thin slices and put them in a bag or container.
Store in the freezer for at least 3 hours but preferably you freeze them over night. You can do the same with a fresh mango. Slice in small cubes and freeze or get some frozen mango.
Then take out your kitchen machine. Add the frozen banana in the machine first. Try to get even distribution.
If all of the banana is frozen and stuck together try to get it loose before you turn on the machine. Turn the machine on.
Let is run for about a minute and scrape the sides. Then add the mango and repeat making sure the banana and mango are turning into what looks like crumbs.
Now it is time to add a scoop of chocolate vegan protein powder. Then turn on the kitchen machine and let it run for a couple of minutes.
You will see it change from crumbs, into a paste and finally into an ice cream consistency. Your sweet dessert is done.
I like to scoop it into a container and put it back into the freezer again before serving.
Serve your nice cream with
You can serve it with lots of delicious treats like:
- Tortilla waffles – Take two small tortillas. Spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of sugar on the tortillas as well as cinnamon. In the oven for 10 minutes at 400℉/200℃. Let them cool so the waffles will turn crispy
- Pistachio – This chocolate flavored nice cream is served with crunched pistachio nuts. You can also add pecan or hazelnuts
- Whipped cream – add a nice dollop of (plant based) whipped cream. You have lots of alternative for dairy whipped cream
- Berries – add blue berries, raspberries, strawberries or black berries
- Chocolate chips – you can not go wrong with chocolate chips.
Nice cream options
Besides all the delicious topping you can add to your nice cream there are so many great options to make your own. You can add the following ingredients to your bananas:
- Strawberries + Coconut flakes
- Peaches + Chocolate
- Mango + Homemade Nutella
- Dates caramel + Sea salt
- Pear + Peanut butter + chocolate chips
- Lemon + Lime
- Coffee + Chocolate
- Kiwi + Pistachio
This is just a tip of the “ice” berg. As you can see the options are literally endless. What is your favorite flavor? Add it to your frozen banana and into the kitchen machine.
Have fun with this easy nice cream recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
This easy nice cream is low calories and easy to make. Healthy and done in no time. It has a an ice cream structure but not the calories.
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1 scoop vegan protein chocolate powder
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
- Slice the banana, chop the mango and store in the freezer for at least 3 hours
- Put the banana in the kitchen machine and run until crumbled
- Now add the mango and run the kitchen machine again for about 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the kitchen machine
- Now add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- Run for a couple of minutes. You will see the structure change from crumbled fruit to a smooth ice cream texture
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve. Scoop into a bowl and sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts
Serve with tortilla waffels. Cut the tortillas into six wedges per tortilla. Spray tortillas with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of sugar and with cinnamon powder. Bake for 10 minutes in a pre heated oven at 400℉/200℃. Let them cool so that they can get crispy.
Calories: 130; Fat: 2.6g; Carbs; 24g; Protein: 6.5g;