The most amazing easy no-knead Mediterranean bread that is the recipe today.
You can make put this together in less than 5 minutes and then wait before you bake. Want to learn how you can make this insanely easy wonderful no-knead Mediterranean bread recipe? Let’s get started!
What is not to love about no-knead bread? There are many reasons to love it because:
- It is one of the easiest bread recipes to make
- A rustic bread
- This recipe is super cheap
- A very versatile bread that you can adjust using additional ingredients
With bread, any bread recipe requires a lot of kneading to activate the yeast as well as you need some sugar to feed the yeast.
In this recipe, you need neither. The yeast takes the natural sugars in the flour to activate and time will take care of the rest.
It is cheap because your main ingredient, the flour, costs just 35 cents per kilo. Which yields about three loaves of bread.
Now that is a really cheap bread. What makes it even better is that you know what you put into this bread.
No conservatives, harmful additions, just a clean delicious bread.
No knead Mediterranean bread ingredients
To make this no-knead bread dutch oven recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
How to make no-knead Mediterranean bread
Start with the flour and put it in a bowl. Sieve the flour first before adding the yeast. Salt is the enemy of yeast so combine the flour and yeast thoroughly before adding the salt.
Now it is time for hand warm water. Either stir with a wooden spoon or by hand. Make sure the water is absorbed by the flour and all of the flour is wet and you have a dough.
Wrap the bowl with cling film and set aside in a draught free spot so the dough can rise. Set it aside overnight so at least 8 hours.
Preheat your oven as hot as it will go. Mine goes 500℉/250℃. Take a Dutch oven and let it warm in the oven as it heats.
Finely chop the sun dried tomatoes and olives. Take the dough out of the bowl and wrap sun-dried tomatoes and olives in the dough.
Put it on top of a baking paper and when the oven is hot take the Dutch oven out of the oven.
Then put the baking paper and dough in the Dutch oven and close the lid. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Then take the lid of the Dutch oven after 30 minutes and then bake the bread for at least 15 minutes or a little longer until the crust of your bread is golden brown.
Take out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before serving. Look at that crust! You may be tempted to cut the bread straight away but wait until it has cooled else you will flatten the bread.
When cooled your no-knead bread is ready to eat.
Other no-knead recipes
I’m a fan of Jim Lahey no-knead bread because it is the perfect base for bread and more. Take a look at these recipes:
- No-knead bread – the original bread recipe made by Jim Lahey
- 5 ingredient tapenade tortilla bread – yes this is also made with no knead bread
- No-knead pan pizza – this dough also is a great substitute for pizza dough as this recipe show
- Cinnamon raisin bread – an easy sweet no-knead bread recipe. You can make it for breakfast or a special occasion like the holidays
See how to make no-knead bread
Want to see how you can make the basic no-knead bread recipe? Watch the instruction video.
Have fun with this insanely easy wonderful no-knead Mediterranean bread recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
no knead mediterranean bread that is the recipe to day. You can make put this together in less than 5 minutes and then wait before you bake
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1½ cup warm water
- ½ tsp yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- 3-4 mediterranean olives
- Combining the flour, yeast first before adding the salt in a large bowl.
- Add warmwater to activate the yeast and combine the water and flour with a wooden spoon or with your hand. When the flour is absorbed by the water you are done
- Take cling film and cover the bowl. Let it rise over night
- Pre heat your Dutch oven when you heat your oven to 500℉/250℃
- Take the dough out of the bowl on a lightly floured surface. Chop the sun dried tomatoes and olives. Fold them in the dough top to bottom and left to right into a ball
- Take the Dutch oven out of the oven and put the dough on parchment paper in the pan, fold side up
- Put the lid on the Dutch oven and put the pan in the oven for 30 minutes
- Then take the lid of the pan and bake the bread for another 15 minutes to get a crusty no knead bread,
- Cool on a rack and your bread is ready
Calories: 184; Fat: 1.7g; Carbs: 36.2g; Protein: 4.9g;