Chicken quesadillas is what we are making today and this how to make the best oven baked chicken quesadillas recipe is very easy.
It is delicious and a low fat quesadilla opposed to other pan fried versions. So do you want to see how you can make the best chicken quesadillas recipe? Lets get started!
Quesadillas are a great lunch option that you can take along to work or on picknick. You can even make them when you like a light dinner or as an afternoon snack.
They freeze really well so you can make these ahead of time when you know you are in a hurry later on.
Another great thing about quesadillas is the endless options you have for filling them. Today we are making easy chicken quesadillas but you can make these with:
Chicken quesadillas in the oven become really crunchy and are low calories because you have to use way less fat then when you make them in a skillet.
But what makes a great quesadilla? In my opinion there are three things that make for a great quesadilla:
- Obviously it should contain a healthy quesadilla filling,
- Seasoning with great spices like homemade enchilada seasoning or taco spice mix
- Wrapped in the most delicious flour tortilla you can find
Ideally you make your tortillas yourself because you will taste the difference. On the Tortilla Channel you can find so many different tortilla recipes to give your healthy quesadilla a twist, e.g.:
Chicken quesadillas ingredients
If you want to make this oven baked chicken quesadillas recipe you have to put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Chicken fillet
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Red and yellow bell peppers
- Black beans
- Grated cheese
How to make chicken quesadillas
To make this homemade chicken quesadillas recipe start with cutting the chicken fillet into really small strips.
Heat a skillet with a little olive oil and add the diced bell pepper and onions. Stir continuously to let it go soft and translucent before you set it aside.
Then add the chicken to the pan and stir until golden brown. As the chicken is covered in oil you do not need to add oil to your skillet.
In the meanwhile heat your oven and baking tray at 450℉/220℃. It is important that the baking tray is hot as well so both sides of the quesadilla get baked from the start.
When the oven is hot take out the tray and construct your quesadillas on the baking tray. Put a sheet of parchment on the baking tray.
Then add a flour tortilla and put 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken to cover half of the tortilla. Then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the bell pepper mix and black beans.
Lastly sprinkle the grated cheese on the quesadilla and fold the tortilla. You can choose a hard cheese like grated Mozzarella or Gouda for this. To get more flavor you can choose for an older cheese that is more salty in taste.
Repeat and create two more chicken quesadillas. Brush a little bit of oil on the top of the quesadillas and put them in the oven for 8 minutes.
Then take out the baking tray and turn the quesadillas before you return the baking tray into the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
When the cooking time is done cut your homemade chicken quesadillas in half and serve immediately.
Serve your chicken quesadillas with
You have many options to serve these easy chicken quesadillas with like:
Other quesadilla recipes
If you like quesadillas then you should definitely try these as well:
- Breakfast quesadillas – made with two ways of eggs
- Heavenly hearty quesadilla – spicy hot quesadilla
- Avocado shrimp quesadillas – crispy, easy to make and delicious.
See how to make chicken quesadillas
Want to see how to make chicken quesadillas recipe? Watch the instruction video below:
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Want to make low calorie chicken quesadillas? Try this oven baked chicken quesadillas recipe. Easy to make and less calories than pan fried.
- 200 g chicken fillet thinly sliced
- 3 medium tortillas
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup red and yellow bell peppers
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Put the chicken in a bowl together with two tablespoons of chili powder and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well to cover the chicken with the chili powder and oil. Set aside
- Heat a skillet and pan fry the diced bell pepper and onions until soft and translucent. Then set aside
- Pan fry the chicken until golden brown in skillet
- Heat your oven and baking tray at 450℉/220℃
- Take baking tray out and construct your quesadillas on the baking tray on parchment paper. Add a tortilla with 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken to cover half of the tortilla. Then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the bell pepper mix and black beans
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the chicken and fold the tortilla. Repeat and create two more quesadillas. Brush the quesadillas with a little oil and put them in the oven for 8 minutes
- Then take the baking tray out of the oven and turn the quesadillas before you return the baking tray into the oven for another 8 minutes
- Cut the quesadillas in half and serve
Calories: 409; Fat: 23.5g; Carbohydrates: 29.1g; Protein: 23.6g