Oven baked shrimp taquitos are delicious and lower in fat than the fried taquitos.
Made with homemade corn tortillas these taquitos are great for lunch or as a snack. Serve with some sweet Chili sauce and you have a new family favorite. Ready to learn how you can make shrimp taquitos? Let’s get started!
This recipe can be made with homemade corn tortillas but you can, of course, use store-bought tortillas as well.
Homemade Mexican tortillas can be a little less pliable than store-bought ones. As I love homemade corn tortillas that is what I used.
As these shrimp taquitos are baked in the oven. They are low fat and you do not have that smell of fried foods in the house which is an added bonus.
Oven baked shrimp taquitos ingredients
You need the following ingredients to make this shrimp taquitos recipe:
- Homemade corn tortillas
- White Onion
- Red Onion
- Red bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cooked shrimp
- Oil for cooking
- Pepper and salt
How to make oven baked shrimp taquitos
Start with heating a skillet and pan fry the white onion, red onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger until soft and translucent.
Then cut the tomatoes in 4 equal parts and add to your onion mix. Cut the shrimp in small pieces.
When the tomatoes are soft add the shrimp and parsley and pan fry them as well. Stir regularly until the shrimp are warm and set aside.
In the meanwhile warm 3 corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds between two pieces of kitchen paper.
This will make them more pliable. Scoop about three tablespoons of shrimp mixture on the tortillas. Roll them tight and place them on a baking tray.
Use a toothpick to secure the taquito. Repeat for the remaining five taquitos. Brush some oil on the taquitos or spray with cooking spray.
Heat the oven at 400℉/200℃ and bake the crisp and golden in 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and serve directly.
Dips and sauce to serve shrimp taquitos with
You can eat these oven-baked shrimp taquitos plain, they taste that good. If you like to serve with a dip or sauce try these:
- Sweet chili sauce – is a great sauce to eat with these shrimp taquitos as they have some Asian flavors that combine perfectly with the sweet chili sauce.
- Healthy guacamole – is also a dip that you can serve with these taquitos. Shrimp and avocado are a great combination. Spice up your guacamole with some cayenne pepper.
- Smooth spicy roasted tomato salsa – corn and salsa work together beautifully. This salsa is smooth and spicy
- Restaurant style salsa – just as with some smooth roasted tomato salsa this restaurant style salsa is a great sauce for this taquito recipe
Other tortilla snacks
If you like taquitos you will definitely love these tortilla recipes as well:
See how you can make oven baked shrimp taquitos
Want to see how you can make oven baked shrimp taquitos? Watch the video instruction below to follow along:
Have fun with this oven baked shrimp taquitos recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Oven baked shrimp taquitos are low fat and super delicious. Made with homemade corn tortillas. Great as a snack or lunch. Serve with sweet chili or salsa.
- 6 homemade corn tortillas
- ½ diced white onion
- ½ diced red Onion
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- 2 minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 150 grams cut cooked shrimp
- Fresh parsley
- Oil for cooking
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Heat a skillet
- Pan fry the white onion, red onion, bell pepper, garlic and ginger until soft and translucent
- Cut the tomatoes in 4 equal parts and add to your onion mix. Cut the shrimp in small pieces
- When the tomatoes are soft add the shrimp and parsley and pan fry them as well. When the shrimp are warm set aside
- Warm 3 corn tortillas in the microwave in 30 seconds between 2 pieces of kitchen paper to make tortilla pliable
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of shrimp mixture on the tortillas. Roll the tortilla tight and place them on a baking tray. Use a toothpick to secure the taquito if required
- Repeat for the remaining 5 taquitos
- Brush oil on the taquitos or spray with cooking spray
- Heat the oven at 400℉/200℃ and bake the crisp and golden in 15 minutes
Calories: 194; Fat: 4.1g; Carbs: 30.2g; Protein: 10.8g;