Oven roasted tomato bruschetta might be one of the easiest appetizers ever. All they really require is some good quality bread (that you can make yourself) and the best tomatoes. These are a little different than your regular bruschetta though. Are you ready to learn how you can make oven baked tomato bruschetta? Lets get started!
The first time I ate bruschetta was in Milan years ago when I was on a business trip. I was working at a bank and had to travel at least 20 times to Milan. Usually the only thing that you could do after work was have a drink in one of the many little bars around the office or go for dinner near il Duomo or do both (which mostly depended on who I was traveling with).
The little bars in the center of Milan were the best when you would get a drink like a beer or a glass of wine they had a bar full of small bites. You would take a plate and pick one of the many little snacks to accompany your drink.
It was like the Italian version of the tapas. The drinks were a lot more expensive then in my home town of Amsterdam but as you could take whatever bite you liked it was actually very cheap.
As the office did not have their own restaurant, why would you if you could get the most delicious lunch just around the corner, we would outside every day. So we ended up in a small Italian family restaurant with an Italian momma in the kitchen and her shy son serving the guest. As everyone was taking a three course meal I decided to take a bruschetta as a starter. Not really knowing what is was.
Oh Mama Mia what a starter it was! I will never forget this one. I have not received the recipe but I think it is close to what I’m sharing with you today.
How to make oven roasted tomato bruschetta
Most of the bruschetta I have eaten the tomato is uncooked sliced with some oil, garlic and onion. This version is a little different. You need the following ingredients:
- Slices of good bread like this no knead bread recipe
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Chives or oregano
Cut the tomatoes in half and dice the onion. Combine with a tbsp of olive oil. Season the tomato mix with salt and pepper to taste. Pre heat the oven at 440℉/200℃. Roast the tomatoes for at least 20 to 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are dry.
The tomatoes pick up the roasting flavors. If you like you can put garlic powder or other spices like oregano on the tomatoes before roasting.Take two slices of bread and toast them in the oven for 15 minutes at 440F or in a pan with some butter. When the bread is out the oven rub it with a halved raw garlic.
Now take the tomatoes out of the oven and put them in a bowl. Crunch them with a spoon and add a splash of balsamic vinegar and some chives to the tomato mix. The roasted flavors from the tomato skin that combine with vinegar. Don’t have balsamic vinegar? No worries it is still tasty without.
Scoop a couple of tablespoons of roasted tomato on the roasted bread et voila your bruschetta is done.
Oven roasted tomato bruschetta option
- French baguette – if you want to make smaller portions use a French baguette as your bread
- Basil – substitute the chive or oregano with basil as basil an tomato go together really well
- Scallions – decorate your bruschetta with some scallions to make them extra festive
- Sugar – tomato and sugar are a great combo so sprinkle a little sugar on the tomatoes to get some sweet tomato mix
- Mozzarella – add some small pieces of torn soft mozzarella to your bruschetta. Makes it look extra festive and tastes delicious.
See how you can make oven roasted tomato bruschetta
Want to see how you can make oven roasted tomato bruschetta? Watch the 1 minute instruction video below:
Have fun with this oven roasted tomato bruschetta recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN it on Pinterest.
Oven roasted tomato bruschetta might be one of the easiest appetizer around. All they require is some good quality bread (that you can make yourself) and the best tomatoes. Are you ready to learn how you can make oven baked tomato bruschetta? Lets get started!
- 2 slices of bread
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1 garlic
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch chives or oregano or basil
- Cut the tomatoes in half and dice the onion Combine with a tbsp of olive oil. Season the tomato mix with salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven at 440F/200C and roast the tomatoes for at least 20 to 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are dry and the liquids from the tomato have evaporated
- Take two slices of bread and toast them in the oven for 15 minutes at 440F or in a pan with some butter
- Rub the toasted bread with the halved raw garlic
- Take the tomatoes out of the oven and put them in a bowl. Crunch them with a spoon and add a splash of balsamic vinegar (optional) and some chives to the tomato mix
- Scoop the roasted tomato on the roasted bread
Calories: 180; Fat: 8g; Carbs: 23.4g; Protein: 4.1g;