Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best. They are a family favorite because these cookies are soft, loaded with chocolate and peanut butter. What is not to love? You can not go wrong with this recipe. Ready to learn how you can make these amazing this peanut butter cookie recipe? Lets get started!
Of all the ingredients in this recipe one ingredients is just a little bit more important than the rest and that is peanut butter.
A couple of years ago I decided to make homemade peanut butter and have not looked back since. As it is so easy to make there is no reason to buy jars anymore.
The only thing you need is peanuts and a kitchen machine. Put them together and in 5 to 10 minutes you have the most creamy peanut butter you ever tasted.
That is what is responsible for the best peanut butter cookie recipe you have ever tried. Promise.
This basic recipe tastes great on its own but by adding chocolate chip we are turning them into the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies in the world.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies ingredients
To make this recipe you need the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- natural peanut butter
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
How to make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Whisk and set aside. Warm the butter in the microwave in 40 seconds (in 20 second increments). Take a whisk and combine the natural peanut butter and butter until creamy.
Then add the granulate white sugar and brown sugar and stir until fluffy. Now it is time to add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and combine with a spoon. Finally you can stir in chocolate chips and combine.
How to make the best cookie mound
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C degrees. Line a baking sheet or baking tray with parchment paper. Take an ice cream scoop and mound the cookie dough on the baking tray.
Place 9 cookie dough mounds on the baking tray about 2 inches apart. I do not flatten the cookie dough but if you want you can. Sprinkle a couple of extra chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough mound.
Bake for 11 minutes. The cookies will not have a lot of color at this point. As I like my cookies to have some color take the baking tray out of the oven and increase the temperature to 400°F/200°C. When the oven is heated put the baking sheet back for another 3 minutes.
Take the baking tray out of the oven and let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
As not all of the cookies fit on one baking sheet repeat this process for the remaining 6 cookies. You will see that first out of the oven the cookies are very soft. When they cool they will get a bit firmer.
Store your peanut butter cookies
You have a number of options to store your chocolate chip peanut butter cookies:
- Store your cookies in a cookie jar or airtight container at room temperature for in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days
- You can store them in fridge for up to a week again in an airtight container
- If you make a big batch and want to keep the cookies fresh you can store them up to 2 months in the freezer
Peanut butter cookies freeze easily. You can either freeze them before or after baking. However if you freeze cookies before baking it is preferable to shape the cookies up front.
When you want to eat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies all you have to do is thaw. Then bake for 10 minutes and you have fresh baked cookies.
If you decide to freeze them after baking make certain the cookies are cooled completely. This is important because when the cookies are still warm you will get moisture.
After the cookies are cooled down put them in an airtight container. In both cases properly wrap your cookies.
By the way if you do not like to bake but love peanut butter and chocolate cookies then take a look at these chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies from Kayla.
I hope you love this peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe as much as I do! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links for which I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. All the products listed are products I use myself or are from companies I highly recommend. Thank you for supporting The Tortilla Channel!
Are you looking for the easiest peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe? Look no further because this is your recipe. Soft, yummy, done in no time!
- 1¾ cups / 265g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 100 g natural peanut butter
- ½ cup / 110g brown sugar
- ½ cup / 110g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Whisk and set aside
- Warm the butter in the microwave in 40 seconds (in 20 second increments). Whisk peanut butter and butter
- Then add the granulate white sugar and brown sugar and stir. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and mix with a spoon. Stir in chocolate chips and combine
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C degrees. Line a baking sheet or baking tray with parchment paper. Take an ice cream scoop and mound the cookie dough on the baking tray
- Place 9 cookie dough mounds on the baking tray, 2 inches apart. Bake for 11 minutes then take the baking tray out of the oven and increase the temperature to 400°F/200°C. Then put the baking tray back and bake for another 3 minutes
- Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely
- Repeat for the remaining 6 cookies
After the first bake of 11 minutes the cookies will not have a lot of color at that point. As I like my cookies to have some color I increase the temperature. If you do not want to increase the temperature you can decide to leave them in for 14 minutes at 350°F/180°C When the cookies come out of the oven they are very soft. When they cool they will get a bit firmer.
Calories: 234; Fat: 15g; Carbs: 23g; Protein: 4g;