Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best.
They are a family favorite because these cookies are soft, loaded with chocolate and peanut butter. What is not to love? You can not go wrong with this recipe. Ready to learn how to make this peanut butter cookie recipe? Let’s get started!
Of all the ingredients in this recipe, one ingredient is just a little bit more important than the rest and that is the peanut butter.
A couple of years ago I decided to make peanut butter myself and have not looked back since. As it is so easy to make there is no reason to buy store-bought jars anymore.
The only thing you need is peanuts and a kitchen machine. Put them together and in 5 to 10 minutes you have the most creamy peanut butter you ever tasted.
No additives, no artificial ingredients just pure peanuts. You do not even need oil for this peanut butter.
It is responsible for the best peanut butter cookie recipe you have ever tried. Promise.
This basic recipe tastes great on its own but by adding chocolate chip we are turning them into the best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies in the world.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies ingredients
To make this cookie recipe you need quite a number of ingredients. Make certain you put the following ingredients on your grocery shopping list:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- Natural peanut butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
How to make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Take a big bowl and add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk thoroughly and set aside. Warm the butter in a separate bowl.
Put the bowl in the microwave for 40 seconds and soften it in 20-second increments. Add the natural peanut butter to unsalted butter and whisk until creamy.
Then add the granulated white sugar and brown sugar to the butter and stir until fluffy.
Separate one egg and add the yolk plus a whole egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture. Again stir to combine all the ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and combine with a wooden spoon. Finally, you can stir in chocolate chips and combine.
How to make the best cookie mound
Before continuing first preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C degrees. Line a baking sheet or baking tray with parchment paper.
Take an ice cream scoop and mound the cookie dough on the baking tray. Place 9 cookie dough mounds on the baking tray about 2 inches apart.
I do not flatten the cookie dough but if you want you can. Sprinkle a couple of extra chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough mound.
Bake for 11 minutes in the oven. The cookies will not have a lot of color at this point.
If you like your cookies nice and brown take the baking tray out of the oven and increase the temperature to 400°F/200°C.
When the oven is heated return the baking sheet back into the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Then take the baking tray out of the oven and let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
As not all of the cookies fit on one baking sheet repeat this process for the remaining 6 cookies. Right out of the oven the cookies are very soft.
When they cool they will get a bit firmer. So let them cool first before eating 😉.
Store your peanut butter cookies
These cookies are best eaten fresh and most will likely disappear straight away. In case you have cookies left or you made a big batch this is how to store them.
There are a number of ways to store your chocolate chip peanut butter cookies:
- Cookie jar – Store your cookies in a cookie jar or airtight container at room temperature for in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days
- Fridge – You can store them in the fridge for up to a week again in an airtight container
- Freezer – If you make a big batch and want to keep the cookies fresh you can store them up to 2 months in the freezer
Freeze and bake
Peanut butter cookies freeze easily. You can either freeze them before or after baking. However, if you freeze cookies before baking it is preferable to shape the cookies upfront.
When you want to eat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies all you have to do is to let them thaw.
If you froze the cookies without baking all you have to do is bake for 11-15 minutes. When baked just thaw and you have fresh baked cookies.
If you decide to freeze them after baking make certain the cookies are cooled completely. This is important because when the cookies are still warm you will get moisture.
After the cookies are cooled down put them in an airtight container. In both cases properly wrap your cookies.
By the way, if you do not like to bake but love peanut butter and chocolate cookies then take a look at these chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies from Kayla.
I hope you love this peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe as much as I do!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Are you looking for the easiest peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe? Look no further because this is your recipe. Soft, yummy, done in no time!
- 1¾ cups / 265g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 100 g natural peanut butter
- ½ cup / 110g brown sugar
- ½ cup / 110g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Whisk and set aside
- Warm the butter in the microwave in 40 seconds (in 20 second increments). Whisk peanut butter and butter
- Then add the granulate white sugar and brown sugar and stir. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and mix with a spoon. Stir in chocolate chips and combine
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C degrees. Line a baking sheet or baking tray with parchment paper. Take an ice cream scoop and mound the cookie dough on the baking tray
- Place 9 cookie dough mounds on the baking tray, 2 inches apart. Bake for 11 minutes then take the baking tray out of the oven and increase the temperature to 400°F/200°C. Then put the baking tray back and bake for another 3 minutes
- Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely
- Repeat for the remaining 6 cookies
After the first bake of 11 minutes the cookies will not have a lot of color at that point. As I like my cookies to have some color I increase the temperature. If you do not want to increase the temperature you can decide to leave them in for 14 minutes at 350°F/180°C When the cookies come out of the oven they are very soft. When they cool they will get a bit firmer.
Calories: 234; Fat: 15g; Carbs: 23g; Protein: 4g;