Blueberry mojito cocktail is fresh and so simple to make. Great for a cool down in this summer heat. Are you ready to learn how to make the perfect blueberry mojito? lets get started!
This cocktail is one cool looking drink. Not only great to look at but refreshing and so delicious. No wonder this cocktail is one of the most popular international cocktail hits.
If you have never tried drinking a mojito then this blue very cocktail is a very good version to start with. Originally this cocktail was made with a slice of lime but this blueberry is so worth a try.
There are a number of legends surrounding this cocktail:
- About the name of the cocktail e.g. where some are saying it originates from the Spanish word ‘mojado’, which means wet.
- There are also people who swear mojito is derived from the African word ‘mojo’, which means enchanting. I can imagine that when you drink this cocktail you will be enchanted.
- This cocktail originates from Cuba and the legend goes that is was used as a medicine to reduce fever. It was made with aguardiente. However as the taste of aguardiente was not so nice so mint, sugar and lime were added to cover the taste.
- The final legend goes that this cocktail was first made for Ernest Hemingway the writer in the Bodeguita del Medio bar in Havana. There is even a note in the bar signed by Hemingway. It says: “My Mojito in La Bodeguita, My Daiquiri in El Floridita”. It could be real but nobody know if it is authentic.
Well if Ernest Hemingway loved the mojito cocktail than I can’t blame him because this is really a great drink.
BACARDÍ rum blueberry mojito ingredients
If you want to have a real taste of Cuba than make sure you have the following ingredient available:
- Bacardí rum
- Lime juice
- Blueberry juice
- Agave syrup or sugar
- Fresh mint leafs
- Crushed ice cubes
How to make the perfect BACARDÍ blueberry mojito
For this recipe start with a long drink glas and crush mint leafs in it before you add Bacardi rum. Now add ice cubes and swirl them around the glas. Then add lime juice and the agave syrup.
If you do not want to use agave syrup you can use regular sugar or even stevia to sweeten this cocktail. Mix these ingredients with a spoon.
Top the glas with Pellegrino and then add the blueberry juice. Decorate with a slice of lime, mint leafs and blueberries.
Mojito cocktail tools
To make sure you can mix the perfect blueberry mojito you need some important tools. You need at least the following tools:
- a solid long drink glas. To make sure you can swirl the ingredients and the ice cubes and get a cold drink you need a large long drink glas. Further it is solid which is what you need when you crunch the mint leafs
- Further you need a wooden cruncher to crunch the mint leaves and Bacardi rum.
- To measure the Bacardi you need a jigger. If you do not have one take an eggshell and fill it up with Bacardi.
There are a number of ways to make this mojito just take a look at this raspberry mojito recipe I made a couple of weeks ago. With the heat wave we are experiencing it is a great drink and done in no time. Make it, try it and love it blueberry mojito.
Have fun with this perfect blueberry mojito recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Mojito is one of the most popular international cocktails. This perfect blueberry mojito version is made with Barcardi, lime, blueberries and soda.
- 50ml Bacardí rum
- 60ml Pellegrino
- 15ml lime juice
- 15ml blueberry juice
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 10 fresh mint leafs
- 6 crushed ice cubes
Take a long drink glas and crush mint leafs in it before you add Bacardi rum
Add ice cubes and swirl them around the glas
Then add lime juice and the agave syrup
Top the glas with Pellegrino and then add the blueberry juice
Decorate with a slice of lime, mint leafs and blueberries
If you do not want to use agave syrup you can use regular sugar (2 tsp) or stevia drops.
Calories: 212; Fat: 0.2g; Carbs: 28.4g; Protein: 0.5g