Perfect pulled chicken fajitas. It is time for some delicious fajitas this week and we are making perfect pulled chicken fajitas.
The chicken gets really soft and tender when you make pulled chicken and it doesn’t require a lot of oil to cook. But it is the combination of spices that really takes this recipe to the next level. So are you ready to learn how you can make perfect pulled chicken fajitas? Let’s get started!
I love chicken you can see in the number of recipes with chicken that I made. It is light and contains a lot of protein which is really good for your muscles.
Especially when you work out regularly your muscles need protein and chicken is an excellent option. This chicken fajitas are so easy to make.
In just 5 steps you get the most perfect pulled chicken you have ever tasted. Chicken is quick cooking meat but can become very dry.
That is why I like to make pulled chicken because it will not dry the meat as much. So to get pulled chicken start by bringing water to the boil.
You can also use chicken stock if you like.
Pulled chicken fajitas ingredients
If you want to make this easy fajitas recipe, be sure to bring home the following ingredients from the store:
How to make perfect pulled chicken fajitas
For this recipe start with preparing the chicken first. To make pulled chicken, boil the chicken in a pot with water on a low simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
Take the chicken out of the water and shred it with two forks into the perfect pulled chicken. Put the chicken in a bowl and set aside.
Then it is time to season the fajitas. You can either use fajitas seasoning mix that you can make yourself or combine the following spices:
- Cumin powder
- Paprika powder
- Cilantro powder
- Pinch of chili powder (hot variety)
- Garlic powder
Combine the spices and put them on the pulled chicken. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the chicken and stir through thoroughly and set aside.
Now heat a skillet with some more olive oil and pan fry the spiced pulled chicken. This will take a couple of minutes.
Add some water if the chicken sticks to the pan. Take out of the pan and heat some more olive oil again. Stir fry the sliced bell peppers and onion until soft.
You can heat small tortillas in the oven wrapped in aluminum for about 5 minutes at 350 ℉/ 175℃ and you are ready to plate it up.
Serve with some red hot Tex Mex rice.
Other fajitas recipes
If you love this fajitas recipe we have even more recipes on the Tortilla Channel. Take a look at these fajita recipes:
- Shredded tender brisket beef fajitas – this is a slow cooked beef fajitas
- Grilled steak fajitas – made with steak fajitas grilled in a skillet
- Pulled pork shoulder fajitas – another slow-cooked fajitas recipe that is super delicious and easy to make
- Vegan mushrooms fajitas – do not want to eat meat or chicken try this vegan mushrooms fajitas
See how to make perfect pulled chicken fajitas
Want to see how you can make perfect pulled chicken fajitas? Watch along with the instruction video so you can follow along and make this recipe yourself.
Have fun with this perfect pulled chicken fajitas recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
It is time for some fajitas this week and we are making perfect pulled chicken fajitas. Soft and tender chicken require just 5 easy steps. Lets get started!
- 200 g chicken breast
- 6 small tortillas
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper cut Julienne
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¾ tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp cilantro powder
- Pinch of hot chili powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- Boil water and let chicken breast simmer for 25 minutes
- Shred the chicken breast into small pieces
- Combine all the spices stir and add with the olive oil on top of the chicken
- Heat a skillet with 2 tbsp of olive oil to pan fry the pulled chicken. Add some water if required. Take out and keep warm
- Heat another 2 tbsp of olive and pan fry the bell pepper and onion until soft
- Warm the tortillas and you are ready to serve
Calories: 580; Fat: 39.3g; Carbs: 34.7g; Protein: 25.8g