Pita pizza with shrimp and salami might be one of the easiest pita pizza recipes you can make. These are extra fun to make with your kids and are great for a lunch of afternoon snack. One pita yields two pizzas so get creative with your toppings. Ready to learn how you can make the easiest pita pizza with shrimp and salami? Lets get started!
What do you do when you have a stack of pita bread in the freezer or kitchen cabinet and you want to make a pizza? Easy you make a pita pizza with shrimp salami. These are great bite size pizza for your kids who might not eat a whole pizza and it is done in no time at all
Pita pizza with shrimp and salami ingredients
Besides the base ingredients for pizza you can add or remove any of the items that you find on this shopping list. I’m making two varieties so a pita pizza with shrimp and a pita pizza with salami. What you need for this pita pizza is:
- Large pita bread
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salami spianata
- Cherry tomato
- Large shrimp
This pita bread pizza is super easy to make when you have your pita bread ready. If you want to make pita bread yourself try this perfect pita bread recipe. I love pita bread and that is why I had to share the secrets to perfect pita bread. Homemade pita bread does take quite some time to make so of course you can buy pita bread in the store.
How to make a pita pizza with shrimp and salami
Cut a pita bread in half and put the four pieces of pita on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Put all of your toppings on the outside of a pita. The outside surface of a pita is more smooth than the inside so when you add some tomato sauce on it, it will not be absorbed. This will happen when you put tomato sauce on the inside of a pita.
Cut your cherry tomatoes in small pieces as well as the olives and mushroom. For all the pita pizzas you start with adding tomato sauce on the pita.
- Shrimp version – Decorate the pita pizza shrimp version with olives, cherry tomatoes, shrimp and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Salami version – For the pita pizza salami version decorate the pizza with tapenade, olives, cherry tomatoes, mushroom, salami and the mozzarella cheese.
Pre heat your oven at 450℉/225℃ and bake the pizza between 15-20 or when the cheese is melting and bubbling. Decorate with rucola and serve while hot.
More topping options
You can choose so many topping options:
- Fruit – like pineapple or avocado
- Big tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes
- Ham is a great topping for a pita pizza think raw ham, parma ham, serrano ham slices of turkey ham or bacon
- In this recipe I use grated hard mozzarella but you can use soft mozzarella and slice it up and divide it on your pita pizza
- Crack an egg on top of your pita pizza it is a great ingredient.
Other pizza recipes
If you love pizza you can find a lot of recipes on the Tortilla Channel. From easy to more difficult from fast to slow pizza. Take a look at these recipes:
- Tasty Turkish pide bread pizza
- Easy sweet potato tuna flatbread pizza
- Easiest tortilla pan pizza
- Extra crisp bar style double pizza
- Margherita flatbread pizza
Have fun with this pita pizza shrimp and salami recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Pita pizza with shrimp and salami might be one of the easiest pizza recipes you can make. These are extra fun to make with your kids and are great for a lunch of afternoon snack. One pita yields two pizzas so get creative with your toppings.
- 2 large pita breads
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 olives
- 4 slices salami spianata
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red tapenade
- 8 large shrimp
- 4 mushrooms thinly sliced
- Cut a pita in half and put the four pieces of pita on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in small pieces as well as the olives
- Spread tomato sauce on the outside of the pita
- Put the tapenade on two of the pita pizza. Then divide the slices of olives on all pita pizza
- Put the shrimp on two of the pita pizza and the salami on the other two
- Decorate the pita pizza with the cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella on all of the pita pizza
- Pre heat your oven at 450℉/225℃ and bake the pizza between 15-20 or when the cheese is melting and bubbling
- Serve while hot
Calories: 256; Fat: 8.3g; Carbs: 33.8g; Protein: 14.3g;