The most amazing potato salad that is soft and creamy and great as a side dish. Try this recipe and you have found your new favorite salad recipe!
Making potato salad that is not drowning in mayonnaise but perfectly balanced and so tasty you want to eat it every week? You have just found the perfect potato salad. So are you ready to learn how you can make it at home? Let’s get started!
Potato salad it one of those recipes you can eat any time but especially perfect for your Memorial day party or Summer barbecue.
It is the perfect recipe to make ahead and chill in the fridge. The taste gets even better when you make it one day in advance.
This recipe is not totally mayonnaise based but a balanced combination of light mayonnaise, sour cream, and apple cider vinegar.
You will love this recipe with a thick slice of bread or on toast. Try it, you will love it. Promise!
Potato salad ingredients
You need quite a grocery list when you want to make this creamy salad recipe but it is totally worth it. So get the following ingredients from your supermarket:
- Sour cream
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make potato salad
To make this salad start with bringing water to the boil and let an egg cook for 7 minutes. While the egg is boiling peel the potatoes.
Wash the potatoes and dice in small cubes. Put in a large pot with water and bring to the boil. Let the potatoes boil for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let them cool.
Drain the egg and put it immediately in ice-cold water so you can easily peel the egg. Dice the egg into small pieces. Repeat for the pickle and red onion as well.
Put the diced egg, pickle and onion in the bowl. Add the cooled potatoes as well and stir the ingredients through thoroughly.
Now take a separate mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, and parsley. Whisk together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour on the potato mix and stir to coat all the potatoes with the cream. Garnish with some paprika powder. Store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
How long can you keep potato salad
You can store your potato salad in the fridge. Keep it in the fridge in a plastic container or cover the bowl with cling film.
You can keep it in the fridge for at least 3 days.
Other salad recipes
If you love salad recipes then you are in the right place because we have a lot of salad recipes. Take a look at these salads:
- Low carb tuna salad – a great low carb creamy tuna salad. Eat with lettuce and you have a great lunch recipe
- Easy egg salad – a delicious salad that is great to serve at your next party with toast or crackers
- Salmon salad – take a thick slice of no-knead bread and a thick layer of this salad is the best lunch
- Shrimp salad – another tasty creamy salad to serve as a snack
- Caesar salad – made with a tortilla bowl that you can eat as well
- Summer salad – fresh, tasty salad with lots of lettuce and vegetables
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Have fun making this easy potato salad! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a tasty potato salad? Take a look at this recipe. It is creamy with mayonnaise and sour cream and great as a side dish or lunch.
- 5 small potatoes, diced
- 1 egg hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 small pickle, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes and drain. Set aside and let it cool
- In the meanwhile boil an egg. Drain and put the egg in cold water. Peel and chop the egg
- Take a bowl and add the chopped egg, pickle, and red onion. Stir to combine then add the potato
- Now take a separate mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, and parsley. Whisk together and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Pour on the potatoes and stir to coat all the potatoes with the mayonnaise mixture
- Garnish with some paprika and store in the fridge before serving
Calories: 215; Fat: 5.3g; Carbs: 37g; Protein: 5.6g;