How to make easy pull apart bread. This cheesy garlic bread is da bomb which you can eat for lunch or as a side dish.
It is a great bread to make when you are entertaining guest being able to pull apart the bread. Ready to learn how you can make this cheesy bread? Let’s get started!
Don’t you just love bread with garlic and cheese? If you do then this fun recipe is your recipe. This bread is crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy with cheese on the inside. This bread is ready to go.
When this bread comes out of the oven it makes your mouth water when you see the melted cheese and smell the warm crusty bread.
Give it to your guests and they can pull a piece of bread that is infused with garlic butter and cheese. It’s so fun to present and this bread you literally pull this bread apart.
Get a whole round crusty bread. You can either use a white French floor bread or a whole wheat bread. I used a whole wheat sunflower bread.
You can buy a crusty bread or make your own no-knead bread. An oven baked no-knead bread is a great option for this recipe. You just need some more time to make it.
Pull apart bread ingredients
So what do you need to make this cheesy garlic pull apart bread? Put the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Crusty bread
- Hard shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Soft unsalted butter
How to make pull-apart bread
If you want to make this pull apart bread you just have to follow the next steps. Start with preheating the oven to 350℉/180℃. Finely chop the garlic.
Take a separate bowl and put the garlic in the bowl. Make sure the butter is soft because you want to combine the butter, garlic, and oregano stir it through thoroughly. Optionally add some salt when stirring the butter.
Now take the bread and cut diagonal slices of about 1 inch wide. Do not cut the slices all the way through. Turn the bread and repeat. This will result in small diamond shaped pieces of bread.
Take a knife and spread butter on the slices of bread. Then stuff the slices with mozzarella cheese. Wrap the cheesy garlic bread in aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes so the cheese can melt.
Open up the aluminum foil and bake for another 5 minutes to let the bread go brown and crusty. Serve immediately.
Pull apart bread options
You can make this crack bread in various ways. In this recipe, it is garlic butter but you can mix it up by using:
- Pesto butter – take a teaspoon of pesto and stir it through the unsalted butter. No additional garlic required as the pesto has garlic
- Tapenade butter – you can choose authentic tomato tapenade or olive tapenade and add a teaspoon to the butter. Stir through the butter
- Cheddar cheese – Mozzarella has less flavor than e.g. cheddar cheese that you can use in this pull apart bread
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese – for a more salty flavor use a more mature cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano
How to make pull-apart bread
Want to see how you can make cheesy garlic pull apart bread? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this pull apart bread recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
How to make easy pull apart bread with garlic butter and cheesy. This is such a fun recipe to eat as an appetizer or as a side dish.
- 1 crusty bread or no knead bread
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp oregano
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃
- Combine soft butter, garlic, oregano and salt and stir into a garlic butter
- Cut the bread in diagonal slices of about 1 inch wide. Do not cut the slices all the way through. Turn the bread and repeat resulting into diamond shape pieces of bread
- Take a knife and spread butter on the but slices of bread.
- Then stuff the slices with mozzarella cheese
- Wrap the bread in foil and bake it for 15 minutes so the cheese is melted. Then unwrap the foil and bake for another 5 minutes to get brown and crusty bread
- Serve immediately
Calories: 192; Fat: 11g; Carbs: 19g; Protein: 5g;