Pumpkin cinnamon rolls with cacao, pecan and pistachio nuts and a little sugar. Try them and I’m sure you will love them. These are real easy to make and super delicious. Want to learn how you can make the best pumpkin cinnamon rolls? Lets get started!
Of course you can maken cinnamon rolls with a regular yeast dough. Not only will it take you way more time but with this cinnamon roll hack you can make a different type of roll that is done in no time.
For this cinnamon roll recipe I use vegan puff pastry. Yes vegan puff pastry is actually available. All the ingredients are vegan so without even knowing it you are eating a delicious vegan roll.
It is way more flakey than regular dough with yeast. However is also much more crunchy than regular cinnamon rolls.
These are even better because we add cacao powder, nuts and some pumpkin spice. They are a little smaller than regular cinnamon rolls but just as tasty.
Pumpkin cinnamon rolls ingredients
A pumpkin cinnamon roll with only 7 ingredients that is all that you need. If you want to make these rolls get the following ingredients:
- Vegan puff pastry
- Pumpkin puree
- Pecan nuts
- Pistachio nuts
- Cacao powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Pumpkin spice (optional)
How to make pumpkin cinnamon rolls
Start with pre heating the oven to 450℉/225℃. Roll out the puff pastry. The one I use has a baking sheet included. Which is really handy if you need it.
Sprinkle 1 tbsp cinnamon powder on the puff pastry first. To get that cinnamon taste you need quite some cinnamon. The next step is to spread the pumpkin puree on top of the puff pastry with a knife. Get an even layer of pumpkin puree.
Then sprinkle cacao powder on top of the pumpkin puree before you put the second tbsp of cinnamon powder on the puff pastry.
Chop both the pecans and pistachio nuts finely. Keep about 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachio for decoration purposes. Sprinkle the nuts across the puff pastry. Make sure you cover all of the puff pastry with the nuts.
Roll up the puff pasty in a long roll and cut into 8 equal pieces. Put the puff pastry rolls in an oven dish. Be careful and keep the puff pastry rolls a little bit apart so they have enough space to rise in the oven dish.
In the oven and bake the rolls for 30 to 35 minutes. Decorate the rolls with some of the remaining chopped pistachio
Ready to serve your pumpkin cinnamon rolls with puff pastry.
Other cinnamon roll fillings
As it is pumpkin season it only natural to use pumpkin puree in these rolls. But you can easily use other fillings for your rolls, like:
- Banana – smash two bananas and spread these on the puff pastry
- Apple pie filling – apple pie filling is a great alternative for pumpkin puree.
Have fun with this pumpkin cinnamon rolls recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetorillachannel or PIN on Pinterest.
Try this hack and make easy, delicious pumpkin cinnamon rolls. With cacao powder, pumpkin spice, pecan and pistachio nuts. A must try!
- Vegan puff pastry
- 100 gram pumpkin puree
- 15 gram pecan nuts chopped
- 10 gram pistachio nuts chopped
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1½ tbsp cacao powder
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Pre heat the oven at 450F/225C. Roll out the puff pastry
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp cinnamon powder on the puff pastry. Then spread the pumpkin puree on top of the puff pastry
- Then sprinkle cacao powder on top of the pumpkin puree and the second tbsp of cinnamon powder
- Chop the pecans and pistachio nuts and sprinkle them across the puff pastry
- Roll the puff pasty and cut into 8 equal pieces
- Put the puff pastry rolls in an oven dish. Keep them apart so they can rise in the oven dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Decorate with chopped pistachio
Calories: 252; Fats: 17.5g; Carbs: 20g; Protein: 4g;