Homemade ranch seasoning mix. Lets be honest you need to have this spice mix in your kitchen cabinet. With all the different spice seasonings on the Tortilla Channel, this one was missing. Want to learn how you can make homemade ranch seasoning? Lets get started!
If you are still buying ranch seasoning at the store I have good news for you. There really is no need to because it is so easy to make this seasoning yourself.
I’m sure if you take a look in your kitchen cabinet you have most of the ingredients you need. It is all about measuring the right amount of and mix it all up.
Added advantage of making your own spice mixes is that it is so much cheaper than buying these packets.
There will not be any additive in your homemade ranch seasoning. Which I think is an added bonus.
It is really hard to determine why you would need preservatives in a seasoning mix. Especially one that you can keep in your kitchen cabinet for months.
Homemade ranch seasoning ingredients
You need at least the following ingredients to make ranch seasoning mix.
- Dried parsley
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried onion flakes
- Dried chives or dill
- Ground black pepper
- Powdered buttermilk
This ranch seasoning is great without the powdered buttermilk. Adding the milk powder makes the ranch seasoning less strong in flavor.
You can easily omit the milk powder so this ranch can also be eaten if you are vegan or lactose intolerant. I actually like it without the milk powder.
How to make homemade ranch seasoning
This homemade ranch seasoning mix consists of spices dried herbs. Regular ranch seasoning calls for dill herbs.
When I made my ranch a while ago I didn’t have dill on hand I substituted it for chives. I loved the end result so now I always make my ranch seasoning recipe with chives. But feel free to use dill.
As the size and structure of the spices and herbs vary you have two options:
- Mix by hand – measure all the ingredients put them in a bowl and stir the herbs and spices together until all of the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Mix by machine – Take a spice grinder, blender or kitchen machine and add all the ingredients. Pulse a couple of times. This will result in an more even structure to your spice mix.
Put it in small glass jar and you are ready to use your homemade ranch seasoning.
Use your ranch seasoning
This ranch seasoning mix is very versatile. Use it with:
- Turkey ranch tortilla pinwheels – great snack with cream cheese ranch and turkey
- Yogurt dip – take some yogurt, add some finely chopped red onion and this ranch seasoning. Great with some homemade potato chips
- Oven baked chicken – rub some ranch seasoning on your chicken and grill them in the oven
- Ranch fries – in stead of Mexican seasoning substitute for ranch seasoning and you have some pretty tasty fries.
Give this recipe a try I hope you love it as much as we do. Have fun with this homemade ranch seasoning! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Homemade ranch seasoning is one of the easiest recipes. Measure and whisk by hand or use your blender. Either way you will love this ranch seasoning mix
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup powdered buttermilk
- Measure the spices and herbs and put them in a bowl or in your spice grinder/blender
- Whisk the ingredients together. If you use the spice grinder or blender pulse about 5 times to combine all the ingredients.
- Spoon into a jar
Calories: 5; Fat: 0g; Carbs: 1g; Protein: 0.2g;