Easy Raspberry mojito your ultimate dream cocktail makes everyday National Mojito day!
This cocktail is a wonderful but also simple cocktail that is refreshing and tastes amazing. Want to learn how you can make this easy raspberry mojito? Let’s get started!
Mojito is based on rum and lots of ice. It originally a Cuban drink and a very popular drink as it is cool, sweet and refreshing.
Especially on a hot summer night, there is nothing more refreshing than an easy raspberry mojito.
Most rum-based cocktails find their origin in Cuba. Cuba has numerous sugar cane plantations and cane sugar is the base ingredient for rum.
What makes a mojito so delicious is the combination of sweet from the syrup or sugar and the sour from the lemon and lime.
The mint gives the raspberry mojito that hit of freshness.
Raspberry mojito ingredients
To make this raspberry mojito you need the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Bacardi white rum
- Pellegrino soda water
- Agave syrup or cane sugar
- Lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves
How to make a raspberry mojito
To make raspberry mojito start with by crushing two raspberries with two mint leaves. This to release the aroma of the mint and combine it with the crushed raspberries.
Then add the agave syrup and then pour the Bacardi rum on top. Now it is time to add the ice cubes in the glass and top it off with the Pellegrino.
Pellegrino does not contain a lot of fizz and has great taste. Decorate with some more mint leaves and a slice of lime.
Serve straight away.
How to sweeten your drink
To get the sweetness in this recipe you can use the following options:
- Cane sugar is used the most in a Mojito cocktail. You have to first dissolve the cane sugar as much as possible before you continue with the next steps.
- Syrup – As it is quite difficult to dissolve sugar you can replace the sugar with agave syrup. You can use any kind of syrup or make your own and use:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
Combine and bring to a boil until the sugar is dissolved. As soon as it is dissolved take it off the heat.
Other alcoholic beverages for a raspberry mojito
This cocktail is made with white Bacardi rum but can be made with any white rum. However, if you do not have rum, or do not like the taste of rum feel free to substitute it with:
- Vodka – is a bright, colorless and an odorless spirit with a fairly neutral taste
- Gin – is also a bright and colorless alcoholic drink. Due to the juniper, it has a very dry taste and that is why it is used mainly in a cocktail like a mojito but of course also the gin and tonic
- Champagne – you can also use Cava or Champagne in this recipe. When you use Champagne you get a royal mojito
- Tequila – when you use Tequila in a mojito you get a Mexican mojito
- Licor 43 – this drink is very sweet by itself so you hardly need any additional sweetener. Just like with this Licor 43 recipe.
Whatever alcoholic beverage you decide to use this raspberry mojito is an absolute favorite for summer.
Other cocktail recipes
If you like this cocktail you will love these cocktails as well:
- Blueberry mojito – a different version of the mojito. Love it.
- Mango daiquiri – a refreshing cocktail with Bacardi, fresh pineapple and mango and lots of crushed ice.
- Tino de Verano – the best Spanish summer drink.
- Caipirinha – coconut sugar caiperinha cocktail.
- Tequila sunrise – another great cocktail for summer, give this a try.
- Refreshing Licor 43 balón cocktail – You can drink this cocktail on a Summer night but also in front a cozy fire.
Have fun with this raspberry mojito recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Easy Raspberry mojito your ultimate dream cocktail! This cocktail is a wonderful but also simple cocktail that is refreshing and taste amazing.
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 3 tbsp Bacardi white rum
- ½ cup Pellegrino soda water
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 slices lime
- 5 ice cubes
- Crush two raspberries with two mint leaves in a glas
- Add the agave syrup
- Then pour the Bacardi rum on top
- Add the ice cubes
- Top it off with the Pellegrino
- Decorate with some more mint leafs and a slice of lime
- Serve straight away
Calories: 180; Fat: 0.9g; Carbs: 31.1g; Protein: 1.5g;