Salmon salad is a super tasty recipe and done in no time. Great for lunch or your next party. I used wild canned salmon that is perfect for this salmon salmon
This salad is a great lunch recipe. It is fresh and so tasty. Just like my egg salad and low carb tuna salad you can eat this in a lot of varieties. So are you ready to learn how you can make this salmon salad at home? Let’s get started!
You need to first clean the salmon from the fish bones and remove the skin. By adding the lemon you get a fresh taste to it.
Just like the egg salad recipe, we would always eat a salad with a birthday. A big bowl of salad and crackers would disappear in no time.
You can easily adjust this recipe to your liking. My mom adds some pickle but you can also add some finely chopped cherry tomatoes or finely chopped bell peppers.
Just add what you like. Good news for everyone who is on a low carb/keto diet this recipe fits perfectly.
Salmon salad ingredients
If you want to make this salmon salad recipe you need the following ingredients. With just a handful of ingredients you can turn it into this tasty recipe:
- Red onion
- Smoked paprika
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
How to make salmon salad
To make this salmon salad recipe we start with boiling the egg for 7 minutes. To easily peel the skin we put the egg in cold water.
Finely chop the egg as well as the red onion. Then we drain the salmon from the can. Remove all of the salmon skin and fish bones.
Put the cleaned salmon in a large bowl. Now add the mayo and Dijon mustard. Take a fork and pull apart the salmon.
Squeeze the fresh lemon on top of the salmon. Now combine the salmon with the mayo, mustard, and red onion.
Finely chop the parsley and sprinkle on the salad as well as the smoked paprika. Your salmon salad is ready to serve.
Eat the salmon salad with
You can eat your salmon salad with e.g.:
- No-knead bread – cut a thick slice of bread and spread with this salad
- Homemade crackers – having a party put the salmon salad on these homemade tortilla crackers
- Turkish pide bread – this salad tastes great with Turkish pide bread
- Venezuelan arepas – homemade arepas are also great to eat with this salad
Other salad recipes
If you love salads we have a lot of different salad recipes on the Tortilla Channel. Take a look a the following recipes:
Have fun making this easy and fast wild salmon salad recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for a great homemade salmon salad without lettuce that is great for your sandwich or homemade crackers. Serve for lunch or at your next party!
- 1 can salmon
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ red onion
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the egg for 7 minutes until it is hard boiled and peel the skin after you put in cold water
- Finely chop the egg as well as the red onion
- Drain the exces water from salmon. Then remove all of the salmon skin and fish bones. Put the cleaned salmon in a large bowl
- Add the mayo and Dijon mustard. Take a fork and pull apart the salmon. Squeeze the fresh lemon on top of the salmon
- Now combine the salmon with the mayo, mustard and red onion. Finely chop the parsley and sprinkle on the salad was well as the smoked paprika
Calories: 232; Fat: 13g; Carbs: 3.8g; Protein: 24g;