Looking for the best shrimp salad recipe you will love? Take a look at this recipe because it has everything a great salad needs.
This recipe is low carb and fits the keto diet. It is creamy and has a fresh taste. Perfect for a sandwich or toast. Ready to learn how you can make shrimp salad? Lets get started!
We have been making salads in our house for as long as I remember. It was a typical birthday thing. Family would come to celebrate and we had a number of salads to eat.
My mom would either serve them as a small canapé or turn it into a sandwich to eat with a bowl of soup. That is where I learned the art of salad making.
Only until recently did I learn that this recipe perfectly fits the ketogenic diet. I just love the creamy texture and the combination of mayonaise and mustard.
Every good salad should have some mayo and mustard into it. This recipe is done in no time. Which is a huge benefit. In just a couple of minutes you have this salad ready and on the table.
So if you do not know what to serve for lunch on the weekend? Make this recipe your family will love it.
Shrimp salad ingredients
Get your list ready because here is what you need to get from the store to make this salad recipe:
- Small pink shrimp
- Red onion
How to make shrimp salad
To make this recipe start with finely chopping the red onion. Then take the scallion and cut it in thin slices. Wash your small pink shrimp in cold water and drain.
I usually pat them dry with some kitchen paper. Take a big bowl and put the shrimp in the bowl. Then add the lemon juice to the shrimp.
Now add the mayonaise and mustard in the bowl as well. Take a spoon and combine all the ingredients. Stir the ingredients through thoroughly before adding the dille and scallions.
Be sure to stir your shrimp salad again. Cover the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes before serving.
Serve your shrimp salad with
You can serve your shrimp salad with:
- No knead bread – take a slice of no knead bread and cover it with this salad
- Toast – take a slice of bread and put it under the broiler for 5 minutes or in the toaster
- Crackers – you can serve this salad on a party with some (homemade) crunchy crackers
- Pide bread – pide bread or a pide bread bun is a great way to serve your shrimp salad. The soft bread and the creamy texture of the salad is a delicious combination
- Flour tortilla – spread this shrimp salad on a tortilla flatbread. Roll it up and eat as a sandwich or make some pinwheels.
Other salad recipes
We have a lot of different salad recipes on the Tortilla Channel. Take a look a the following recipes:
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This is one of the easiest and fastest shrimp salad recipes. You need just a couple of ingredients and it is on the table in less than 5 minutes. Try it!
- 200 gram/ 0.4 lb pink shrimp
- ¼ small red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- ½ teaspoon dille
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ scallion
- Finely chop the red onion and slice the scallion
- Wash your small pink shrimp in cold water and drain. Pat dry with kitchen paper
- Take a big mixing bowl and put the shrimp in the bowl. Add the lemon juice to the shrimp
- Now add the mayonaise and mustard in the bowl as well
- Take a spoon and combine all the ingredients. Stir the ingredients through thoroughly before adding the dille and scallions.
- Stir your shrimp salad again
- Cover the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes before serving
Calories: 108; Fat: 6g; Carbs: 1.5g; Protein: 11.4g;