Simple shredded chicken enchiladas are a great way to start a new week with a simple yet tasty recipe.
Not spending a lot of time in the kitchen today. So are you ready to learn how you can make simple shredded chicken enchiladas? Let’s get started!
No one wants to spend hours in the kitchen on a Monday evening and with this recipe, you can be done within an hour of which the large part the dish is in the oven.
Just let it cook in the oven for half an hour. Enchiladas are a great recipe and you can make it ahead of time.
So double all the quantities, store in the freezer and you have something to look forward to. A lot of my recipes contain chicken and that is because… I love chicken.
It is just as simple. Chicken is very versatile can be prepared very fast and it can adopt a lot of flavors.
Simple shredded chicken enchiladas ingredients
To make this shredded chicken enchiladas recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Small tortilla
- Enchilada sauce
- Chicken breast filet
- Kidney beans
- Red bell peppers
- Chicken stock cube
- Grated hard Mozzarella cheese
How to make shredded chicken enchiladas
This recipe requires shredded chicken. To get shredded chicken you just put some water to the boil, add some chicken stock cube and add a chicken breast filet.
Just leave it on a low simmer for about 20-25 minutes and you can shred the chicken. The easiest way is to take two forks and pull the chicken apart into small shreds of chicken.
In the meanwhile, you can prepare this great enchilada sauce recipe. It takes no more than 10 minutes to get it done. You can make it with oil or with vegetable butter.
When the chicken is done preheat your oven to 400 ℉/200℃. Now all you need to do is assemble the enchiladas with:
Put the enchilada together in this order and roll them up tight. Take the enchilada and put it in an oven dish. Repeat this for the other enchiladas as well.
I use small tortillas but you can use medium tortillas as well. Now pour all of the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the enchilada before you decorate the enchiladas with Mozzarella cheese.
Then bake the enchilada for at least 30-35 minutes in the oven and you are ready to enjoy this delicious simple shredded chicken enchilada casserole.
Other pulled meat recipes
You can make so many recipes with pulled meat here a selection of recipes with pulled meat that you can visit:
- Pulled chicken fajitas – pulled chicken works really well in this fajitas recipe
- Healthy enchilada – another delicious enchilada recipe with chicken, spinach, and egg
- Tender brisket beef fajitas – slow-cooked beef brisket is super soft
- Pulled pork shoulder fajitas – pork shoulder is also slow cooked for the best result
- Tenderloin carnitas – this pork carnitas is simple but really delicious
See how to make shredded chicken enchiladas
Want to see how you can make this simple shredded chicken enchiladas recipe? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this simple shredded chicken enchiladas recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
I love comments so let me know if you like this simple enchilada recipe and leave a message in the comment box below.
Enchiladas are a great recipe that you can make in advance. Just put it in the oven. Ready to make simple shredded chicken enchiladas? Lets get started!
- 6 small tortilla
- enchilada sauce
- 1 chicken breast filet into shredded chicken
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 2 cups of hard grated Mozzarella cheese
- Boil a pan with water and add a stock cube and the chicken breast filet. Boil for 20-25 minutes
- Pre heat oven at 400℉
- Make the enchilada sauce or use ready made
- Shred the chicken
- Take a small tortilla. Add some enchilada sauce, then some chicken, kidney beans, bell pepper and onion
- Fold tightly and put in a oven dish
- Repeat for all 5 other tortillas
- Then pour the remaining enchilada sauce on the enchiladas
- Decorate with Mozzarella cheese
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes
- Serve directly
Calories: 518; Fat: 9.5g; Carbs: 67.1g; Protein: 44.5g;