Surprisingly easy soft fajitas tortillas you need to try when you are making fajitas or tacos or enchiladas. These are soft, tasty and pliable and so easy to make. Want to know how you can make soft fajitas tortillas? Lets get started!
Usually I make large tortillas for my taco or enchilada recipes. For fajitas the tortillas should be smaller to easily wrap, vegetables or meat in it. As homemade tortillas taste great it is only natural to also make them for your fajitas recipes.
When rolling a tortilla it is almost impossible to get the perfect round shape. So to make small round perfect shaped tortillas use a cooking ring or a bowl to cut the tortillas. Let me show you how.
Soft fajitas tortillas ingredients
But first we have to assemble a shopping list and for this recipe it is really short. Most likely you do not even have to go to the store. You need:
- Wheat flour or all purpose flour
- Baking powder
That is all you need.
How to make soft fajitas tortillas
Just like with the Chinese scallion pancakes I’m using my kitchen machine to make these tortillas. If you do not own a kitchen machine no worries you can make them by hand. These soft fajitas tortillas are truly vegan. Do not contain oil or dairy.
Put the flour, salt and baking powder in the kitchen machine. Close the lid and mix the ingredients before slowly adding the water. Let it the kitchen machine turn it into a consistent dough. If it is to sticky add a tablespoon of flour. If it is to dry add a small amount of flour.
Take it out of the kitchen machine and knead it a little by hand. Then cut it into 8 pieces, roll them into golf ball sized balls and let them rest for 15-20 minutes.
Roll the golf balls into tortilla shape. Take a bowl or cooking ring and cut the soft fajitas tortillas in a perfect shape. From the excess dough you will be able to make at least 3 to 4 extra tortillas. So 8 pieces of dough will yield 11 or 12 small tortillas.
Heat a cast iron skillet on middle high heat and bake the tortillas for about 1 minute. You do not any cooking product or oil. Flip and bake the other side for another minute. Take out of the pan and wrap in a clean kitchen towel. The warmth of the tortillas stacked on top of each other make the tortillas go soft and pliable.
Store the soft fajitas tortillas
There are a number of ways for you to store the soft fajitas tortillas:
- You can put them in a plastic zip lock bag for a couple of days.
- Put them in a refrigerator save storage container and keep them in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Not using all of the tortillas in one go put the tortillas in a plastic bag and store in the freezer.
When you want to use them again wrap them tight in aluminium foil and warm them in an oven on 400℉/200℃ for 7-10 minutes.
Other fajitas recipes
Want to use these soft fajitas tortillas make them with:
See how you can make soft fajitas tortillas
Want to see how you can make surprisingly easy soft fajitas tortillas? Watch the instruction video below:
Have fun with this surprisingly easy soft fajitas tortilla recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
Surprisingly easy soft fajitas tortillas you need to try when you are making fajitas or tacos or enchiladas. These are soft, tasty and pliable and so easy to make.
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ¾ cup of water
- Put flour, salt and baking powder in a kitchen machine and blend to combine. Add the water and mix until you have a consistent dough
- Cut in 8 equal parts, cover with thin foil and let it rest for 15 minutes
- Roll into a tortilla shape. Take a medium sized bowl and press it into the tortilla. Remove the excess dough outside the bowl. Keep the excess dough and reuse it to make another tortilla
- Heat a cast iron skillet until hot. Put the tortilla in the skillet. It will lightly puff up
- Bake for about a minute, flip and bake the other side as well
- Keep warm in a clean kitchen towel
The prep time is including rest time of the dough. Yields about 10-12 as with the excess you can create another tortilla.
Calories: 94; Fat: 2.3g; Carbohydrates: 15.4g; Protein: 2.5g