Sweet potato flatbread is made with only two ingredient. You get the tastiest most delicious flatbread you ever tasted. This flatbread is made with spelt flour and sweet potato. Want to learn how you can make tasty soft sweet potato flatbread without any oil? Lets get started!
I love tortilla and I love flatbread any kind. Being the Tortilla Channel I want to show you all kinds of flatbread and tortillas and this is a great one.
Even though it is quite similar to potato flatbread there are two major difference. This flatbread recipe is without any oil and this requires more flour than the potato flatbread.
Using the sweet potato you also get a different taste. I used herbs to season the flatbread this is optional or you can use a herb and spices combination you like.
Sweet potato flatbread ingredients
You need a limited amount of ingredients to make sweet potato flatbread. Put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Sweet potato
- Spelt flour
- Italian herbs (optional)
- Flour for dusting
How to make sweet potato flatbread
To make this recipe you start with peeling about 4 sweet potatoes. Then cook the sweet potato in approximately 15 minutes soft then drain the water.
Then let it cool slightly before adding a first cup of spelt flour. Stir it through the sweet potato. Than add ½ cup of spelt flour and stir through until totally absorbed by the sweet potato.
Finally add the last ½ cup of spelt and knead the dough with your hands. In total I added two cups of spelt flour because the sweet potato is a little wetter than regular potatoes.
Knead the potato and spelt flour into an elastic dough and cut into 8 equal pieces. Roll into a tortilla and bake in a dry skillet about 30 seconds per side.
Keep your sweet potato flatbread in a clean kitchen towel and you done. You tortilla is ready to serve.
Eat sweet potato flatbread with
These sweet potato tortillas are very versatile, you can eat it with one of the following recipes:
- Spicy Thai chicken curry – Delicious curry that goes perfectly with this flatbread
- Green curry – add this green curry and you have a complete vegan recipe
- Chicken roti – instead of roti with dahl you can replace it with this sweet potato flatbread
- Fish curry – made with cod and hot spicy curry
More sweet potato recipes
Also check out the following recipes with sweet potato:
- Easy sweet potato tuna pizza crust flatbread – with the soft sweet potato flatbread you can make a delicious pizza with fresh vegetables, tuna and cheese.
- Healthy sweet potato chocolate brownie – sweet potato is a great ingredient to use as the base for making chocolate brownies that are dairy free, eggless and sugar free.
See how to make sweet potato flatbread
Want to see how you can make sweet potato flatbread? Watch the 1 minute instruction video below:
Have fun with this tasty soft sweet potato flatbread recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN it on Pinterest.
I love comments so let me know your thoughts in the comment box below.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links for which I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. All the products listed are products I use myself or are from companies I highly recommend. Thank you for supporting The Tortilla Channel!
Looking for a no oil no, butter flatbread? Try this tasty soft sweet potato flatbread made with spelt flour to give this tortilla flatbread more flavor.
- 400 g sweet potato
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 1 tbsp of Italian herbs
- flour for dusting
- Cut and slice the sweet potato and boil for 15 minutes until soft
- Mash sweet potatoes and add 1 cup of spelt flour. Stir and add ½ cup of spelt flour
- Add final ½ cup of spelt flour and knead by hand until elastic dough
- Cut into 8 equal part and roll into a tortilla
- Heat a skillet on high heat and bake tortilla flatbread in about half to one minute per side
Calories: 147; Fat: 0.7g; Carbs: 32.1g; Protein: 5.1g;