Sweet potato tortilla is made with only two ingredients. You get the tastiest most delicious flatbread you ever tasted. So give this recipe a go!
This tortilla flatbread recipe is made with just two ingredients. A great side dish that you can serve with a lot of meals. Want to learn how you can make tasty soft sweet potato flatbread without any oil? Let’s get started!
I love tortilla and I love flatbread of any kind. On the Tortilla Channel, you can find many different flatbread and tortilla recipes and this is a great one.
Even though it is quite similar to potato flatbread there are two major differences. This flatbread recipe is made without any oil and this requires more flour than the potato flatbread.
Using the sweet potato you also get a different taste. You can season the tortillas using different types of herbs but is totally optional.
You can flavour these flatbreads anyway you like.
Sweet potato tortilla ingredients
You need a limited amount of ingredients to make sweet potato flatbread. Put the following ingredients on your shopping list:
- Sweet potato
- Spelt flour
- Italian herbs (optional)
- Flour for dusting
How to make sweet potato flatbread
To make this recipe you start with peeling 4 large sweet potatoes. Then cook the sweet potato in a pot with boiling for approximately 15 minutes until soft.
Drain the water and let the potatoes cool slightly before adding the first cup of spelt flour. Stir it through the sweet potato.
Then add a ½ cup of spelt flour and stir it through until it is totally absorbed by the sweet potato.
Finally, add the last ½ cup of spelt and knead the dough with your hands.
You need to add a total of two cups of spelt flour because the sweet potato is a little wetter than regular potatoes.
Knead the potato and spelt flour into an elastic dough and cut into 8 equal pieces. Roll into a tortilla. Preheat a skillet to medium-hot.
Bake in a dry skillet about 30 seconds per side. You do not need any oil or baking product. When the tortilla has brown padges on both sides the flatbread is done.
Keep your sweet potato flatbread in a clean kitchen towel and you’re done. Your sweet potato tortilla is ready to serve.
Eat sweet potato tortillas with
These sweet potato wraps are very versatile, you can eat it with one of the following recipes:
- Spicy Thai chicken curry – Delicious curry that goes perfectly with this flatbread
- Green curry – add this green curry and you have a completely vegan recipe
- Chicken roti – instead of roti with dahl you can replace it with this sweet potato flatbread
- Fish curry – made with cod and hot spicy curry
More sweet potato recipes
Also, check out the following recipes with sweet potato:
- Easy sweet potato tuna pizza crust flatbread – with the soft sweet potato flatbread you can make a delicious pizza with fresh vegetables, tuna and cheese.
- Healthy sweet potato chocolate brownie – sweet potato is a great ingredient to use as the base for making chocolate brownies that are dairy-free, eggless and sugar-free
See how to make sweet potato flatbread
Want to see how easy it is to make sweet potato tortillas at home from scratch? Watch the 1-minute instruction video.
Just follow along and that it only takes a couple of steps to make these potato tortillas. These are just as good as regular flatbread tortillas.
Have fun with this tasty soft sweet potato flatbread recipe!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking the best sweet potato flatbread? Try this sweet potato tortilla recipe made with spelt flour to give the tortilla wrap even more flavor
- 400-gram sweet potato
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 1 tbsp of Italian herbs
- flour for dusting
- Cut and slice the sweet potato and boil for 15 minutes until soft
- Mash sweet potatoes and add 1 cup of spelt flour. Stir and add ½ cup of spelt flour
- Add final ½ cup of spelt flour and knead by hand until elastic dough
- Cut into 8 equal part and roll into a tortilla
- Heat a skillet on high heat and bake tortilla flatbread in about half to one minute per side
Calories: 147; Fat: 0.7g; Carbs: 32.1g; Protein: 5.1g;