Flatbread and curry belong together like Bert and Ernie, like nachos and guacamole or like peanut butter and jelly. So I’m making a simple and easy curry that goes great with the flavorsome soft vegan flatbread and is ready in 20 minutes. Are you ready to learn how to make a simple and easy Spicy Thai red chicken curry? Lets get started!
I make a lot of my ingredients from scratch but is cannot be a simple and easy curry if you have to combine a million ingredients. So the basis of this curry is a red Thai curry paste. Of course I also use a lot of fresh ingredients like onions, garlic, two colors bell peppers and spice. Garam masala is a spice that is made up of five different spices and really aromatic.
The star of this recipe is the chicken. I start by slicing it in into small cubes and combined with on table spoon of Garam masala. Put it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour but overnight will intensify the flavors even more.
I am in love with my skillet, if you haven’t got a skillet yet I highly recommend you get one because it is great to cook with. Start with heating the skillet and add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Sauté the onion, bell peppers and garlic until they are soft and translucent.
Then add the chicken and pan fry until nice and brown. Now it is time to add the red Thai curry paste. Stir it through before you add a little water so all of the curry paste and chicken mixture can be combined. When most of the water has evaporated you can perform the last step and that is to add the coconut milk.
Now let it simmer for a least 15 minutes so the chicken can become soft and tender. Cook some Basmati rice while the curry is simmering and warm the flatbread in the oven. I wrap them in aluminum foil and heat them for 7 to 8 minutes.
Plate it up and start with some rice, then add the flatbread and a big helping of chicken curry. So good so time to dig in. As you can see this is a great Friday night recipe which is made quick and easy. Enjoy!
Other delicious curry recipes
If you like this Thai red chicken curry take a look at these other curry recipes. You will love them as well:
- Yummy yellow chickpea curry – You can easily add some chicken or white fish while the curry is simmering on the stove.
- Lentil mushroom curry – This is a very delicious curry you will not miss meat in this recipe. But you can add some meat or poultry after you added the onion and peppers to the skillet and let it simmer as described in the recipe.
- Thai green curry – a delicious curry made with broccoli and mushrooms. If you love fish you can easily add some salmon together with the mushrooms and let it simmer.
How to make Spicy Thai Red chicken curry
Want to know how you can make spicy thai red chicken curry? Watch the 1 minute food inspiration video:
I hope you enjoyed this spicy thai red chicken curry recipe! Made a recipe tag @thetortillachannel on Instagram or PIN on Pinterest.
It goes great with flavorsome soft vegan flatbread. Are you ready to learn how to make a simple and easy Spicy Thai red chicken curry? Lets get started!
- ¼ red bell pepper
- ¼ yellow bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ cup of red spicy curry paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Cut chicken small cubes and combine with 1 tbsp of Garam masala. Set aside in the refrigerator for half an hour
- Heat a skillet and add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Saute onion, bell peppers and garlic until translucent
- Pan fry the chicken with the onion, bell pepper mixture until the chicken has turned brown
- Now add the red thai curry paste and stir it through the ingredients
- Add some water so the curry paste can dissolve
- Then you can add the coconut milk
- Let is simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Serve with rice and flavorsome soft vegan flatbread
Calories: 523; Fat: 43.9g; Carbs: 20.9g; Protein: 16.3g;