This is the most colorful vegan peanut salsa summer salad you will ever see.
It easy to assemble and contains some great ingredients. Do you want to learn how you can make this colorful summer salad? Let’s get started!
This summer salad is a great example of what more you can do with peanut salsa. By adding a number of ingredients this salad gets a more Asian feel to it.
It is a totally vegan salad but one with a crunch and a crisp. With the weather heating up a lot of people go look for a great salad.
Because it is light but also very nutritious and delicious. This salad is prepared in less than 20 minutes.
If you omit the tortilla bowl you can have this summer salad on the table in less than 10 minutes.
What do you need for a vegan peanut salsa summer salad
To make this peanut salsa summer salad you need at least the following ingredients:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fried onions
- Peanut salsa
- Tempeh sambal
- Big tortilla
- Vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
How to make vegan peanut salsa summer salad
To start with this salad you create an oven-baked tortilla bowl. Spray with cooking spray and press it into a cast iron skillet.
Bake it crisp in a hot oven of 440℉/200℃ for 15 minutes. If you are following a keto diet then serve the salad in another type of bowl and skip this step.
In the meanwhile, pan-fry your sliced mushrooms in some vegetable oil until soft and brown. Take the tortilla bowl out of the oven and start assembling your salad.
First put in your lettuce. I like to divide the bowl in compartments and fill it with sun-dried tomatoes, pan-fried mushrooms, and taugé.
Then take a section for cashew nuts and tempeh sambal which I bought in an Asian supermarket. Then a couple of tablespoon of peanut salsa and finally sprinkle the salad with fried onions.
Serve your salad.
You can easily customize your salad with lots of options. You can e.g. the following ingredients:
- Avocado – If you want less Asian flavors you can add avocado’s in this salad like avocado tomato salad
- Peanut sauce – instead of peanut salsa use peanut sauce for that authentic Asian taste
- Pineapple – if you love fruit in your salad pineapple is the fruit to choose it goes together great with e.g. peanut salsa
- Peanuts – apart from cashew you can also add some salty peanuts which give any salad a great crunch
- Soy sauce – drizzle some sweet soy sauce on your salad you will thank me later
See how to make a summer salad
Want to see how you can make a summer salad? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun making this peanut salsa summer salad!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
This is the most colorful vegan peanut salsa summer salad you will ever see. It easy to assemble and contains some great ingredients. Do you want to learn how you can make this colorful vegan peanut salsa summer salad?
- 100 gram lettuce
- 10 sun dried tomatoes
- 10 sliced mushrooms
- 100 gram Taugé)
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- ½ fried onions
- 1 cup peanut salsa
- ¼ cup tempeh sambal
- 1 big tortilla
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- Heat the oven at 440℉/200℃. Spray a tortilla with cooking spray and press it into a cast iron skillet and Bake it crisp in a hot oven of 440℉/200℃ for 15 minutes
- Heat a pan and add some vegetable oil and pan fry the sliced mushrooms until soft and brown. Set aside
- Take the tortilla bowl out of the oven and assemble your salad
- First put in your lettuce. Add sun dried tomatoes, pan fried mushrooms and taugé
- Then take a section for cashew nuts and tempeh sambal. Then a couple of tablespoon of peanut salsa and finally sprinkle the salad with fried onions
- Serve your salad
Calories: 336; Fat: 22.2g; Carbs: 26.9g; Protein: 11.1g;