Try these sweet empanadas and you will have the best dessert ever! Made with homemade empanada dough and filled with delicious apple pie filling. This is a must try recipe!
Eat one of these empanadas and you’ll risk eating the whole baking sheet. These are dangerously delicious. Want to learn how you can make sweet empanadas? Let’s get started!
Just follow this recipe for homemade empanada dough. I use an empanada maker/ empanada shape which is a plastic press that you can use to make the empanada discs.
It also allows you to press empanadas together and shape it in an empanada.
In this recipe, I use the tried and tested apple pie filling. It is always handy to have a jar in the fridge for emergency empanadas when your sweet tooth takes over.
There is almost always a jar in the fridge because you can add it to so many of your recipes.
Sweet empanadas ingredients
If you want to make this sweet empanada recipe be sure to put the following ingredients on your grocery list:
- Green apples for apple pie filling
How to make sweet empanadas
Start with the apple pie filling which is easy to make and will take you 10 minutes to put together. Then make your empanada dough fresh or use a batch of frozen dough.
Mash the banana and stir it through the apple pie filling. The same applies to the raisins. You can put them in warm water for about 10 minutes so they will double in size.
You can easily freeze your empanada dough so I usually make enough for two recipes and store the remaining dough in the freezer.
That way you have empanada dough available when you need it. Refrigerate the dough before you roll your dough into a big square with a little flour. Cut about 10 empanada discs.
Put them in the empanada maker or fill them the apple pie filling with banana. Sprinkle some raisins on top of the filling and squeeze the empanada shut.
Either roll the edge by hand, press the edge close with a fork or with the empanada maker.
Whisk the egg and brush the empanadas with the egg wash. Preheat your oven to 400℉/200℃ and put the sweet empanadas on a baking sheet.
Let them bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly. Be cautious because the filling can be really hot.
Serve empanadas with
You can eat these sweet empanadas solo but you can make them even better. You can:
- Icing sugar – sprinkle some icing sugar on the empanadas
- Nice cream – eat it with this banana chocolate flavored nice cream
- Whipped cream – whip up some cream and serve it on top of your empanada
Sweet empanadas options
If you love these sweet apple pie filling empanadas take a look at all the other ingredients options you can use for sweet empanadas:
See how to make easy apple pie filling
Want to see how to you can make the easy apple pie filling for this recipe? Watch the inspiration video below:
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Looking for the best sweet empanadas? Take a look at these sweet apple pie filling empanadas. Dangerously good. You might eat them all.
- Make the empanada dough as described in the empanada dough recipe #10938
- Make the apple pie filling recipe as described in the apple pie filling recipe
- Mash the banana and mix with the apple pie filling. Put the raisins in warm water and let them soak for 10 minutes
- Use a plate or empanada cutter to cut the empanada disc. Take a spoonful of apple pie filling with banana in the middle of the empanada disc.
- Sprinkle some raisins on top. If you use an empanada maker, seal the empanadas with the maker else press the edges close with a fork or roll the edge by hand
- Whisk the egg and brush the empanadas with the egg wash. Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃ and bake the empanadas for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Let them cool slightly before serving as the filling gets really hot
Calories: 317; Fat: 12.5g; Carbs: 46g; Protein: 5.5g;