Sweet pancake muffin bites are a great way to do something different with that box of pancake mix.
These little muffins are great for a mid-morning or after a work out snack. These are easy to make and there are lots of ways to let them taste however you want. Ready to learn how you can make sweet pancake muffin bites? Let’s get started!
The other day I found a box of protein pancake mix and thought about what else I could do with them than making pancakes.
As I have a muffin maker I decided to see if I could turn them into pancake muffin bites. Well, they came out great so really worth a try.
Make your own pancake mix or take a box
Pancake muffin bites ingredients
To make these sweet pancake muffin bites you need the following ingredients:
- ½ box of pancake mix
- 2 eggs
- baking powder
How to make the pancake muffin bites
Start by mixing pancake flour with some baking powder and mix it through with a wooden spoon. Then first add the milk as you whisk it into a consistent mix.
Then add some water (depending on the pancake mix you can either use all milk or all water). The pancake mix I used from Body and Fit allows for milk or water so I used both.
Then it is time to add the two eggs and whisk them through the batter. In the meanwhile heat the mini muffin maker.
Spray the muffin maker with baking spray and bake the mini muffins between 7 and 9 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Dust the sweet pancake muffin bites with icing sugar or with regular sugar.
If you do not have a muffin maker, you can also bake them in the oven. Preheat the oven at 350℉/175℃ and bake them for about 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe yields 21 sweet pancake muffin bites.
Tasty ingredient suggestions
It is really easy to make different types of sweet pancake muffin bite. You can add e.g. the following options:
- Cocoa powder – to make chocolate muffin bite add a ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- Chocolate nibs – add a ¼ cup of chocolate nibs
- Caramel sauce – want to give the bites a caramel taste add 2-4 tbsp of caramel sauce
- Oreos – crush Oreos and stir them through the batter
- M&Ms – crush a ¼ cup of the M&Ms and stir them through the batter
Store the sweet pancake muffins
You can store these muffins a number of ways:
- The best way to store these muffins is to freeze them in a plastic ziplock bag.
- Outside of the freezer, you can keep them for a couple of days.
Other pancake recipes
If you love pancakes then take a look at these delicious pancake recipes:
- Sweet Dutch baby pancakes
- Vegan banana peanut butter pancakes
- Easiest fluffy coconut flour pancakes
- Traditional Dutch pancakes
See how you can make sweet pancake muffin bites
Want to see how you can make these sweet pancake muffins? Watch the video instruction below:
Have fun with this sweet pancake muffin bites!
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Sweet pancake muffin bites are a great way to do something different with that box of pancake mix. These are easy to make and there are lots of ways to let them taste however you want.
- 200 gram pancakes mix Body & Fit
- 2 eggs
- ½ baking powder
- 200 milk
- 200 water
- icing sugar
- Mix pancake flour and some baking powder
- Add the milk to the flour and whisk it into a consistent mix
- Add the water until a smooth batter
- Then add the two eggs and whisk the eggs through the batter
- Heat the mini muffin maker and spray with baking spray. Bake the mini muffins between 7 and 9 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Dust the sweet pancake muffin bites with icing sugar
If you do not have a muffin maker, you can also bake them in the oven. I would suggest to heat the oven at 350℉/175℃ and bake them for about 12-15 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Calories: 281; Fat: 1.8g; Carbs: 7.5g; Protein: 9.1g;