Sweet chocolate bread is a special treat! This pull-apart bread is filled with choco nibs, nuts, and cacao. Serve it with breakfast or wait until dessert.
It is made with Spelt flour to give it more flavor and with all the other ingredients what is not to love about this recipe? Add some nutty homemade hazelnut Nutella, jam or peanut butter. Are you ready to learn how you can make sweet pull apart chocolate bread? Let’s get started!
As you may have noticed I love to make bread and every once in a while I’m experimenting with a bread recipe. This time I’m sharing a sweet bread recipe, pull-apart chocolate, and nut bread.
Today’s post is completely made with organic products. You can really taste the difference when using organic, non-GMO ingredients.
The texture of the bread is better, and off course, it has much more taste. It is less sweet than a store bought bread but it tastes so much better.
Chocolate bread ingredients
To make this chocolate pull-apart bread recipe you need the following list of ingredients on your grocery list:
- Spelt flour
- Choco nibs
- Pecan nuts
How to make sweet chocolate bread
To make this bread is actually really simple. The first thing you need to do is start with making a yeast mixture from the water, yeast, and sugar.
Set the mixture aside for 5-10 minutes so the yeast can be activated. You will see the mixture frothing and bubbling into a foam.
Now heat the milk and melt the butter. Do not let the milk get to the boil. Put the flour, cocoa in a bowl with the salt and sugar and stir. Then add milk-butter mixture and the yeast mixture and stir into the flour.
Take a wooden spoon and stir the ingredients into an elastic dough. The dough needs to proof and will double in size. This takes about 1 hour.
When the proofing is done you can knead the dough for the first time and roll it out into a square. Now sprinkle choco nibs and pecan nuts on the dough.
Slice the square into six equal slices and put them on top of each other. Cut these six layers of dough into 10 equal parts and put them in a baking form.
Let the dough proof for another hour so the dough will double in size. Ten bake at 350℉ for 35 minutes and let it cool.
Other bread recipes
If you love bread recipes take a look at these bread recipe. You will love them:
- No-knead bread
- Mediterranean bread
- Hands off my chocolate bread
- Sweetheart cinnamon bread
- Raisin cinnamon bread
See how to make sweet pull apart chocolate bread
Want to see how you can make sweet chocolate pull apart bread? Watch the instruction video and follow along:
Have fun with this sweet pull apart chocolate bread recipe with nuts! Made a recipe please tag @thetortillachannel on INSTAGRAM, PIN on PINTEREST and like us on FACEBOOK for more information and updates.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
I love to know your thoughts on this chocolate and nuts bread recipe so leave them in the comment box below.
Looking for an easy bread recipe? Try this sweet pull apart chocolate bread with nuts. It contains spelt flour, cocoa, cocoa nibs and lots of pecans.
- 1½ cups wheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- ¾ cups almond milk
- ¼ cup warm water
- 7 gram yeast
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup of choco nibs
- 1 cup of pecan nuts cut into small pieces
- Add yeast and tbsp of sugar to warm water and let it froth for 5-10 minutes
- Heat the milk and melt the butter
- Put the flour, cocoa in a bowl with the salt and sugar and stir
- Now add milk-butter mixture and the yeast mixture and stir into the flour
- Stir until you get a cohesive dough and cover with foil. Let it proof for 1-1½ hour or until double in size
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes and roll into a square. Sprinkle the pecan nuts and choco nibs on the dough
- Slice the dough into 6 strips and stack the strips of dough on top of each into 2 stacks of 3 slices and cut each stack 10 equal parts.
- Spray the bread pan with cooking spray. Put the dough in a bread pan per stack so that it overlaps
- Cover the pans with plastic wrap and let the dough proof for another half hour
- Preheat the oven at 350 ℉ bake the bread in 35 minutes
Calories: 398; Fat: 8.4g; Carbs: 72.5g; Protein: 10.5g;